Chapter One

I walked up the concrete stairs to my apartment slowly, the two bags of groceries weighing me down a bit.

I started to attempt to dig my keys out of my pocket as I approached my door. I struggled with the lock for a second before pushing the door open with my shoulder.

I placed my bags on the counter before a sudden noise made me spin around. Standing in the door way of my apartment was Cecil Stedman. A face I didn't want to see for a long time.

"Y/n." He spoke curtly.

"What do you want." I spoke harshly.

He sighed. "Straight to the point...listen I know i said you had a few more years, but I'm gonna have to cut that short."

My brow furrowed. "What-? You can't just 'cut it short' we have a contract." I hissed.

"I know!" He snapped. "But the guardians of the globe are....indisposed and I need some extra man power." He sighed his hands tucked behind his back.

I glanced at Cecil. "What do you mean?"

He grimaced. "They're just out of the picture for right now and I need you in the field. I even have a team I could place you with."

I cringed as he spoke. "Do I get a choice in this?"

Another deep sigh escaped him. "Not really no..."

It was my turn to sigh and grip the counter top harshly as I clenched my teeth in frustration. "You suck cecil."

He glanced away from my angry stare. "I know."

When I was 6 years old my powers developed in a when I was struck by lighting at my father's job site. My parents didn't know how to deal with a super child so I was handed over to the government. I was trained and taught to be the perfect hero until age 16 when I got fed up and told Cecil I would do what I was supposed to if he let me live a normal life for a couple of years.

I had only gotten three out of my six promised years.

"I'm putting you with the teen team for now, that'll probably change very quickly." Cecil spoke, getting straight to the point.

I glared at him stepping out of the kitchen. "So this is immediate?"

"Yes, you'll be staying at teen team headquarters so you can fight with the team better.." he continued.

I scoffed. "Great. Thanks Cecil."

"You may not believe this but I am sorry it has to happen like this." He spoke sternly before he disappeared from my living room in a blue flash.

I sighed as I grabbed what ever small bits I wanted to take with me from my apartment. I was pissed I'd have to continue to pay my lease but wouldn't be living there.

It was a quick trip to the headquarters and I was meet by robot as I stepped through the door.

"Live wire, Cecil informed me about your arrival. Welcome to the teen team." He spoke blankly.

I cringed at the superhero name I came up with when I was younger. "Thanks...just call me y/n"

Robot gave a rigid nod before motioning me into the main room of the base. There was a chick in pink draped across a couch. Three of the same girl in purple playing cards together, and a guy in red on throwing a ping pong ball against the wall.

Robots heavy steps alerted all of them to our presence as heads turned or lifted to look.

"Teen team please welcome our newest member." He spoke.

I heard a scoff and muttering from the triplets before I was surrounded by everyone.

The girl in pink spoke first. "I'm atom eve, but everyone here just calls me Eve."

"We're Kate, duplikate." One from the trio spoke.

"Rex splode, hey gotta ask, which d-list superhero are you?"

"Rex that's rude." Eve spoke instantly.

"What it's just a question." He defended holding his hands up in surrender.

"A question she doesn't have to answer! Ignore him...." She trailed off and I realized I hadn't told theme my name.

"My alias is live wire but please just call me y/n" I told her.

Dupli-Kate raised a brow. "Live wire?" She asked curiously.

"Oh uh let me show you." I offered. I held my palm out to display my powers. Electricity crackled around my hands and wrist.

The girls eyes lit up and I pulled my hand back. Rex looked unimpressed at the sight.

"You could charge my phone, big deal." He spoke turning away from us.

"I'm sorry about him." Eve offered before following after him.

"Kate why don't you show y/n where she'll be staying." Robots voice caught my attention.

Kate gave a small nod. "You're next to me, come on."

Kate spoke as I followed behind all three of her. "So is the whole electric thing just in your hands or?"

"Well it starts in my hand but I can expand it a lot larger than that...are you guys triplets?" I asked curiously.

"Clones." She corrected. "I can make clones of myself."

I gave a little nod in response. "That's a lot cooler than electricity."

She gave me a small smile. "You'd think that, but sometimes it's annoying."

She stopped in front of a grey door in a hallway of doors. "Here we are, you can decorate the door if you want."

"Maybe, Cecil told me to not get too comfortable though so..." My grip tightened on my bag.

She raised a brow didn't adress it. "I'll let you settle in. Welcome to teen team." Kate told me before slipping away.

I slid open the door and stepped into the room. It wasnt small but it wasn't necessarily big either.  There was a full bed with a blue bedspread, a small closet, a nightstand, and a little desk with a lamp.

I placed my bag on the floor and sat on the edge of the bed placing my face in my hands.

This already sucked.