𝐢. family function

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───જ⁀➴   𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝚈 FUNCTION  𖥔 ݁ ˖ ❫

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄
─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───
જ⁀➴   𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝚈 FUNCTION  𖥔 ݁ ˖ ❫

THANKSGIVING DINNER, ARGUABLY one of the busiest time of year for Aaliyah. It was tradition that they went to the Hoffman's every year for thanksgiving. Aaliyah always had to give herself a pep talk for when talking to his family. Somehow, they always seem to surprise her.

This year, however, she was told not a lot of people would be there since most people decided to travel for a few days, or spend it with the other side of their family. She was skeptical, because barely anyone travels for thanksgiving, but she didn't voice her confusion and simply said 'Oh' and moved on with her day.

The group spent thanksgiving together once. It was chaotic, in a good way. Obviously, though, they couldn't spend every year together unfortunately, so they settled with getting ready together on FaceTime.

Aaliyah was putting on makeup, for what felt like the first time in a long time. Her skin has been good with her for some time, and she hoped it would continue to do so. Aaliyah overall had little to no energy applying makeup, so it isn't that she didn't like makeup, it was that she was too tired to or didn't feel like she had to put it on, especially in the early morning for school when she spent the entire night revising for tests and quizzes.

"My outfit this year basic, but cute, so I guess I'm okay with it," Aaliyah shrugged while they were on the topic of clothes.

Valeria glanced around her room, then picked up her phone which showed her outfit on the screen, "Very last minute, no judgement."

"At least you two have an outfit," Madelyn huffed because her hair wasn't cooperating with her at the moment.

"Put the brush down," Aaliyah stopped Madelyn from doing any harm to herself. Although she didn't want to, Madelyn threw it on the table with an exasperated sigh, "Show me what you want to do with your hair. Maybe I can help?"

"It involves braiding,"

"Call Dylan," She quickly resolved the issue she had with herself, "Okay, wait. Is it every single step or only a few bits and pieces?"

"Like, part of it," She squinted at the picture.

"Send it, I'll see if I can substitute the braids with twists," Aaliyah got her brush out and started brushing her hair.