Disco Heaven

10. Disco Heaven

All I remember that I was dancing in the beat of the songs. The booming noise went together with my heart beats.

Chug! Chug! Chug!

The place trembles like experiencing an earthquake, the lights joins the music. There was red, blue, yellow, green and I stood below the violet lights that made my Tee shirt turns violet too. I was like a money under the ultraviolet light of money detector. The light told me that I was real, with serial numbers on my soul, and codes written on my body. I threw my hands everywhere, my hips went left and right and in circles. Chip looked awkward as he danced, and then he placed his hands on my waist grinding up and down like a flag on a pole during flag ceremony at school. Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming? And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there. Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

I was his pole. I was enjoying, and Edward was not. He just stood in the dim corner with his vigilant look. The song continued...

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?

Don't cha, don't cha?

“Lets go home, meg,” he said to me while I danced alone.

“What? I CAN'T hear you.”

“I said, we SHOULD go HOME, your PARENTS asked me to find you. Its LATE now, Meg. Lets go,” he said and grabbed my wrist and pulled me going out but I insisted.

“I will not. Let me go.”

“NO.”

He kept on pulling me until Chip noticed us.

“Hey, Skinny Boy,” he said to said, as if it was his name, “let her go or I’ll break your tiny bones.”

“Then do it, I won’t go home until I’ll know that Megan is safe.”

“Oh yeah?” He tightened his fist.

“Let go of me Ed, please.”

He let me go.

“Chip, please forgive me but I should go now. I had fun though. Ed is right. Mom might ground me.”

Chip looked upset, but I could tell that he’s angry. He was tightening his fist so as his jaw. But he didn’t throw a punch on Ed’s face. Edward looked calm like he was attending a funeral.

“Meet me tomorrow, Meg,” he snapped and he went back together with Andre and Bob.

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was wrong like me?

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me?

Don't cha, don't cha?

We walked silently, side by side, and still the song played in my ear. He cleared his throat.

“What?”

“Did I say something?”

“You just cleared your throat.”

“I does not mean… I did but---“

“You’re crazy. You shouldn’t follow me.”

“I did not follow you. You may think I did but I did not. I just saw you while I was walking.”