What if... Roku hadn't died in the volcano?? part 2

- We can only help you by giving you this...- Kaja said, ashamed of not being able to help more.

Roku just shook his head with a smile as he put a hand on Kaja's shoulder.

-This should be enough to reach the Southern Air Temple Kaja...

Kaja only let out a sigh but nodded.

-I still don't understand, why are you going there.

-I have to go alert the Air Nomads before doing anything, in case something goes wrong if I can ensure that they protect the next Avatar and prevent Sozin's plans then all will not be lost.

Kaja nodded as he returned to the other sages who were there to say goodbye to Roku, soon Roku helped Ta Min up and then got on himself, taking Fang's saddle and fixing his gaze on the sages.

-I thank you for everything you did for me and my wife, I hope to see you again after all this.

The sages bowed in respect while the eldest Sage said - Avatar Roku, good luck on your journey, may Agni and the spirits be with you always...

Roku smiled and then urged Fang to fly in the direction of the Southern Air Temple.

Not knowing that they were being watched by someone.

...

The trip to the Southern Air Temple took several days with some stops at the Earth Kingdom, generally, Roku and Ta Min chose to avoid large towns where someone might recognize Roku, it was like this for several days until they were finally in the Archipelago South, near the Patola Mountain Range, very close to the Southern Air Temple.

-We are close to the Temple... if I remember correctly, the Temple is passing those mountains, but Fang has been flying for several hours, he needs to rest, we can camp here.

Ta Min nodded in agreement, Roku knew that, although she tried to hide it, it was not something she was used to.

-Forgive me for putting you in this situation...

Ta Min just shook his head.

-Roku, when I chose to marry you I knew that my life would not be normal... I knew what I was getting into...

Roku laughed amused, although it was true that he wanted to not put her in these situations, but she was happy that she was with him.

Roku quickly began to set up camp, Ta Min helped as much as she could, either cooking with the supplies they brought or helping to feed Fang.

Once they finished they settled down to sleep near Fang.

But Roku couldn't sleep, for several hours he was thinking about Kyoshi's words, he couldn't deny that he hadn't ruled him out, but then he remembered who he had to take care of, Sozin had been his best friend long time... but then he remembers what he did to her when the two were fleeing the volcano and the feelings of betrayal overwhelmed him, he doesn't know what he will decide in the end, but he knows that whatever he decides he won't like.

But before he could debate this further, he heard something or someone walking nearby, he immediately got up, waking up Ta Min who was sleeping next to him.

-Roku... what's happening??

He turned to her wife to reassure her.

-I heard something...

Ta Min also tried to listen, but I didn't hear anything - It must be nothing Roku, let's go back to sleep...

Roku, however, still did not ignore the noise. He felt someone nearby and confirmed it by hearing footsteps nearby. He quickly got into a firebending stance.