seven

Last night, Jack invited me to dinner at his and Luke's apartment. When I'd asked who would be there, he assured me it would just be us two.

I hadn't been technically avoiding Luke, I just tried my best not to run into him.

I couldn't lie I had been spending some of my time on TikTok, seeing edits of him and it made me miss him. It didn't help that when I would send them to Audrey she would always reply with something along the lines of "Go get your bitch."

Being around him, even if it had only been a couple times, made me miss him.

When I arrived to their apartment, Jack greeted me, "Hey Addie, perfect timing I just finished cooking!"

"Jack Hughes cooking? Is it true you're finally a functioning adult?"

"For your information, I've been cooking for myself and Luke for a while," He continued as I walked in and set my things down.

"So Jacky, how have you been?" We honestly hadn't caught up just us two since we first saw eachother again.

"Things are honestly great, I just started seeing someone. I'm really excited for the next few years of my life," He sounded extremely genuine.

"I'm happy to hear it. I know things I have been sort of weird, but I hope you know we'll always be friends even if things are weird with me and your brother," I rambled while Jack set up our plates and we made our way to the small dining table they had.

"Oh Ads don't even get me started with him. Anways, how are you doing, how's college?" He continued, moving on from himself as we sat down.

"Everything's good, I started modeling and stuff when I moved here officially and it's been fun. NYU is really cool, the campus is literally the city."

We both started eating, "I would do horrible in college, you know I was never one for school," He laughed.

"Yeah I know remember when you asked for my help with your math homework when I was like 3 grades-" I almost had a chance to finish my sentence when someone opened the door to Jack's apartment.

Me and Jack both turned our heads and we were met with a smiley Luke holding the door for, I hated to admit it, a beautiful woman with long blonde hair. She looked nothing like me.

Jack leaned towards me and whispered quickly before Luke noticed us, "Addie I promise I had no idea Luke was coming, he told me he'd be out all night," I looked back at him and gave him a reassuring nod.

When Luke finally realized we were in the room with him, his smile dropped quickly. Infront of him stood the girl, her smile was still big.

"Oh Ads," Luke started, but the girl interrupted, "Oh my gosh, this is Ads? She's so pretty!" She quickly walked up to me and by instinct I got up, and accepted the hug she was leaning in to give me.

"Oh.. yeah I'm Ads," I said hesitantly, not used to anyone but Luke calling me that name.

"It's so nice to meet you, I'm Bella!" She said once we both broke away from the hug, although it didn't seem like a real hug to me because I didn't reciprocate fully.

"Nice to meet you too," I replied, honestly not sure wanting to be rude to this girl.

When I looked to my left I saw Jack giving Luke a nasty look, and quickly looked back to the girl.

Luke started, "Me and Bell were just gonna go to my room," He said grabbing her hand and leading her down the hallway.

"Bye Ads! It was really nice to meet you!" She added making me feel bad for ever think my illy towards her. In my head, I've been making her out to be some villian but she's done nothing wrong to me.

I turned around to Jack after I heard the door shut.

"Addie I really don't know what's going on with him, he's been hung up on you for so long. I don't know why he would do that," Jack spoke.

"It's none of my business what he does, we're just friends" ౨ৎ