Chapter 37: My Love

"Make love to me, William"

Amelia's words hung in the air between the corporal and the woman he embraced in his arms. Will's lungs trembled, holding his breath as he processed her desire for what she wanted him to do.

He was thrilled, scared, nervous, and overjoyed...

To do something so sacred and intimate with him in consummating their love... But there was the matter of honor and virtue.

Over a century of differing standards stood between them regarding the subject of lovemaking before marriage.

Will looked into her Green eyes that were silently pleading with him to give her some sort of response as her fingertips traced along his lips.

After everything she had told him about her past with other men, he felt he had to ask her.

"Amelia...are you sure?" Will's voice was a cautious whisper as he gently readjusted her in his arms; rocking her against his chest as she laid her head on his shoulder and felt his racing heartbeat underneath her palm. "You truly want to do this?"

"Yes, Will. I wanna do this with you." Her scarred hand reached up from his pectoral and stroked her fingers along his jawline, chiseled like carved marble. Her very own Adonis of flesh and blood... "I know you won't hurt me like those other men did."

Her eyes went to the buttons of his shirt and her fingers pulled the top one undone. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down as Amelia placed a long kiss on the side of his throat.

She pulled away and Will placed one of his large hands upon her blushing cheek to keep her attention. "My love... I'm not certain if we should... for your sake."

"But I'm fine with it! We might not have another chance to do this before... before we're separated again." Amelia blinked back tears from her eyes as she reached around his neck, her fingers playing with the hair at the back of his head, petting his nape. "Unless... you don't want me..."

Her eyes were downcast to the side and she hung her head as klaus's voice dripped venom in her subconscious remembering what he said to her after he assulted her in the library.

You're used and tainted, my little Fräulein. I've branded you as mine. No other man will want to even look at you let alone touch you.

A wave of crushingly low self-esteem threw Amelia into a loop as she unraveled herself from Will's arms and crawled out of his lap. She turned her head away to where she was afraid to even lay eyes on him, feeling suddenly filthy and ashamed at what she was asking of the man she dearly loved.

She saw Will's arms reach out as he yearned to hold Amelia again, her Blonde hair falling to cover her face like a curtain, concealing her saddened features as tears flooded down her flushed cheeks.

"Amelia, that's not what I meant. Believe me, Sweetheart; I want you to know in all ways that I can express what I feel for you... but in truest love, not primal lust like that heinous Klaus. I...I don't want to risk frightening you or hurting you. After what you've endured with other men..." Will trailed off as he raised his hand to remove her hair from obscuring her face, his heart shattering as he saw tears streaming down along her beautiful flushed cheeks. "No matter what you've been told by many horrific men back in your era... you have been and will always be the pruest and most beautiful woman I've ever known."

She sniffled, wiping away some tears from her cheek and both of her hands were cradled in Will's tender grasp. "I...I know that you're not as experienced as I am... but I trust you, Will. Just... just follow with what you feel. I'm not afraid at all. We can just take it slow and not rush. Please Will..."