Sana and her hottie neighbour

Minatozaki's apartment ~

"There’s music. Why is there music?", Sana thought despite sleeping.

It’s two in the morning, according to the blurry digital display Sana’s squinting at. There should not be music. 

Loud, obnoxious, un-neighbourly music, thumping through - yes through - Sana’s ceiling. She rolls onto her back, flings her blanket off her feet and growls under her breath.

She should have seen this coming, really. That nagging feeling in the back of her head should never, ever be ignored and this is why.

Sure, the lease had seemed way too good to be true when she signed it. And sure, she knows that there’s probably a really good reason why the apartment had gone through five different tenants in the space of a year, but look.

"I fucking hate my life, argh", Sana growled.

Deciding to move to Starling had been a huge step for her, accepting the employment offer with PARK Consolidated was an even bigger step, and she didn't want to add looking for a place to stay to her ever-growing list of things that stress her out.

The two bedroom, self-contained unit is on the second highest floor of a pretty fancy building located in the centre of the city. The building itself has a 24-hour doorman, round the clock security and best of all? An internet connection with unparalleled speed and latency. And all for the price of something that should have gotten her a single room in the Glades, without utilities connected.

She’d put down the deposit immediately.

A week later, she realises what the catch is.

The penthouse - or rather, whoever lives in the penthouse directly above her apartment - is a class A nuisance. It doesn’t take her long after moving in to realise that the thumping noises she’d been hearing isn’t a figment of her imagination, and instead, is from whatever the occupants of the penthouse are doing.

All the time.

She really doesn’t want to think too hard about what the noises mean because -

There’s also a stream of women who travel to and from the penthouse, at all times of the day, accidentally getting off on Sana’s floor when they realise they don’t have access to the penthouse without a keycard.

The incessant giggling and loud stumbling down the hallway serve as constant interruptions, which aren’t conducive at all for the amount of work she has to get done on a daily basis.

And tonight, to top it all off, her lovely, very considerate neighbour has decided to annoy her with loud, very bad, music.

“Argh!!!”

She grabs her pillow and smashes it over her face in an attempt to block out the music but all she achieves is nearly suffocating herself and after a second she flings the pillow off her face and glares at her ceiling.

It would almost be okay if the music was halfway decent, but unfortunately for her, it’s some kind of techno-electronica mix, combining ear-splitting screeching with a rattling bass that’s sending bits of dust and plaster falling from the ceiling.