Chapter 2 Meanwhile in the Bush

"What  the actual fuck was that last night?"

It was the chef.

 Barin. 

Tall tanned fit, in his early thirties.

 He adjusted his faded olive colored Machion Innovations cap. Up in the bush he never used hair gel so his short black hair remained cover by a hat at all times. Out here he wears pretty much the same clothes he went to sleep in. Mostly sweats, shorts, muscle tees, all boutique lounge wear for masculine types. His wardrobe consisted mostly his current employer's fashion brand.

He had been the personal chef of Reston Machion for almost a year. It was a pretty "sweet deal," long hours with perks. He did not usually work on the weekend unless Reston was traveling or at the cottage.

Here on the property, it was waking up early  tended to happen effortlessly. So easy to drift off to sleep no matter what the bedtime was. On such a  large remote  property, the nights where still. For anyone who lives in the city it was such a contrast.  They would marvel at the lack of noise at night. 

How habituated they had become to the audio abuse of the city.

Barin lived in the city now, but he was raised a country boy. 

He started a fire outside, coffee in hand, he sits on one of the  four logs surrounding the fire pit. Poking the fire with a stick, he thinks of his girlfriend, she is going out with her friends tonight.  He likes her so much in the quietest of ways. She is intelligent, sweet and independent. He loves her so much he smiles when she flashes across his mind. She works so hard, he hopes she has fun tonight.

Not that he is NOT having fun...he is still working.

The screen door of the cabin in the distance slides open, distracting Barin from his thoughts.

It was Reston holding a mug  of the coffee that Barin prepared this morning as soon as he rose.

Coffee time by the fire pit.

Fucking right.

Reston is grinning, he has something to say.

Meaning that he will not and cannot contain his enthusiasm. Breaking into a slight jog, he  holds up the mug in an attempt to minimize coffee spillage.His hazel eyes fixed on Barin.  

Luscious wavy jet black hair flops to and fore, even the line on his forehead creases upward, it smiles along with him. His round thin lenses  slip on and off the bridge of his prominent nose. A few grey hairs scattered throughout his dark beard sparkle in the now rising sun. His pale skin shone florescent. 

Adorned in a neon yellow soccer jersey with black shorts and crocs , he decelerates to a complete halt in front of the log across from Barin.

"So last night, what the fuck?"

Barin curls his lips into a mischievous smile, wiggles his eyebrows and lifts  his right hand beside his face.

"Do do doo do do do do doo do!"

He moves each of his fingers imitating the sound of theremin from the theme song of the classic show, "The Twilight Zone."

Reston adjusts his glasses.

Oscillating his head.

"Dude that shit was wild!"

Barin closes his eyes shakes his head. He is laughing with all of his broad shoulders.

"Is Viviali  still sleeping?"

Reston takes a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, he was really tired and probably still freaked about last night."