"Meow!"

"Meow!"

«Huh?» Alexis thought. Their head moved towards the sound. "Grandma, I'm going to be back soon. I think there's a cat nearby." "And you're gonna pet it, are you not dear?" The grandma answered. "Exactly" said Alexis, before leaving.

Soon, Alexis found their way to the cat. It was in a dark dirty alley, sitting in a small box. Its fur was all black, like the night and It was sleeping, despite earlier being awake. Perhaps it was abandoned just now. And that meant that they could adopt her. Or him. Grabbing gently the box, Alexis headed slowly to their grandma, in the park.

Ms. Abernathy, the grandma was actually quite young- 64 years old. Her hair was all gray and she was blind, for which she wore an elegant pair of black glasses. Her eyes were brown and, pretty much, she was your ordinary grandmother. Her skin and bones were too old for sports many younglings do, but her patience and calmness were never to be defeated.

Alexis admired their grandmother's ability to be so cool under stress and wished they'd be just as calm during exams.

"Grandma! Grandma! Look. A kitty! Can we adopt her? Pleeaaaase?" Alexis whispered loudly. "Pet, you know how angry your mother would be..." "Please please please pleaaase...?" Y/N begged.

The grandma sighed. After a while of thinking she responded, serious: "Alright. But the cat will stay with me, in my house."

Alexis was broken upon hearing that, because they get to see grandma only in the summer. The rest were just boring school days. Sometimes, Y/N would come during the winter for a few days then go back to the busy city life. She liked it more here, at the countryside. More fresh air, no loud cars. More animals to pet.

Yet, the child had to agree. If not, the cat would remain a poor little street cat, with 「diseases」. And if that happened, the chance was small to see it again. "Okay... " "Well, let's get going. We should be able to bring it home and to the vet pretty easily. It's sleep seems to be deep."
"Oh no! What if it's sick? Will my pills make it better?". Ms Abernathy chuckled at the comment. "No, dear they won't. Cats don't take human pills. They have their own, which are not poisonous for them. Plus I am sure this cat is just very tired. It doesn't look ill to me".

And so, they both left with the cat and went to the vet. The veterinary examined thoroughly the sleeping cat. It was alive. It was breathing well. There was just one more thing to make sure of: the vaccination. However firstly the doctor asked the nurse to wake up the cat. As soon as the puffball opened its eyes, Abernathy and her grandchild from the waiting hall could hear it hissing and meowing loudly. Then suddenly, all the noise stopped. After a few moments of worry from both owners, the vet brought the cat. The cat was once again sleeping. While that, the nurse explained that the cat was feral and very aggressive and that never, in her 20 years of experience, had she met such aggressive cat. The vet agreed, but reassured that it could be tamed. Though, the wounds on his arms didn't say so. They made Alexis quite worried, but their grandma seemed determined to be able to tame it.

Carrying the sleeping cat, Y/N and the grandmother made it just in time a few moments before the cat woke up in the living room and started to explore with attention and shyness. The cat observed the couch, its red soft material, the carpet, the small wood table and the drawer on which sat the TV.

"Pspspsps".

The cat turned around and unexpectedly lunged at the child, who was holding a fish. It hissed and left a small growl, landing in front of them, all that just to be surprised with a gentle, good, weird melting feeling that made it stop and loaf. Then, it looked at the child petting it, making its green emerald eyes become some cute Boba eyes. Albeit the cat seemed to soon snap from the trance, maybe remembering something, either it be that it was located in a strange territory or not. It took the fish rapidly and darted away to eat and contemplate about the weird feeling. The cat sat on the couch. It looked a bit disoriented.

Alexis tried approaching. It turned out to be a big mistake as the cat hissed and bit them. Fast, Y/N ran to their grandma while crying in pain.