Chapter 1

Before the story starts.
Hi I am 13 years old. I am trying to write some stories. Hope you enjoy. Ps: there are only 5 chapters

Oh forgot one thing. My chapters are very short so dont blame me.

In a quaint little town nestled between rolling hills and lush greenery lived a girl named Bernadette. At thirteen years old, Bernadette was a beacon of curiosity and creativity, but she bore a unique trait that set her apart from her peers—she couldn't speak. Instead, she communicated through writing, pouring her thoughts and feelings onto paper with a grace and eloquence that enchanted those around her.

Bernadette's inability to speak didn't deter her spirit. She embraced her pen and paper as her voice, weaving stories and expressing herself in ways that left those who knew her in awe. Her parents, understanding her condition, encouraged her to express herself freely, and they provided her with notebooks and pens of all colors, eager to see her thoughts unfold.
One sunny morning, Bernadette embarked on a stroll through the town, her favorite notebook tucked under her arm.

She wandered down the cobblestone streets, admiring the blooming flowers that adorned the windowsills and listening to the birds' cheerful melodies. As she walked, she spotted a new bookstore nestled between two quaint cafes—a haven for book lovers like herself.
Intrigued, Bernadette pushed open the door and stepped into the cozy interior of the bookstore. The scent of old paper and ink enveloped her, making her feel right at home. She browsed the shelves, running her fingers along the spines of the books, each one holding the promise of a new adventure.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted her thoughts. "Hello there! Can I help you find something?"
Bernadette turned to see a kindly old man behind the counter, his eyes twinkling with warmth. She smiled and shook her head, gesturing to her notebook and pen.
The man's face lit up with understanding. "Ah, I see! Well, feel free to browse to your heart's content. If you need any recommendations, just let me know."

Grateful for his kindness, Bernadette nodded and resumed her exploration. She lost herself in the world of stories, her fingers tracing the words as she devoured the tales within the pages. With each turn of the page, she felt her imagination soar, her spirit lifting with each word she read.
Hours passed, and Bernadette emerged from the bookstore with her arms laden with books. The old man bid her farewell with a warm smile, and she returned the gesture before setting off for home, her mind buzzing with excitement.