Chapter nineteen: The Vees

Angel slowly opened his eyes, it took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the dim light. "Shit" Angel got off the floor and ran over to the door, he tried to open it but it was locked "Fuck fuck fuck" Angel started looking for a way out. He heard the door open "Finally awake" Val walked in "Let me out" Angel turned to Val "Or what?" Val rolled his eyes. Angel's body began to contort as it changed shape, more eyes opened along his body, his teeth grew sharper, his legs longer. Val took a few steps back, he'd never seen Angel's demon form before. "Should have tied you up" Val quickly grew in size, his wings unfolding as patterns appeared on them. "You don't own my soul anymore, just let it go" Angel took a step back, Val ignored what Angel said, flapping his wings to create a gust of wind that knocked Angel off his feet, "Fine" Angel growled, leaping at Val, using his front legs to grab the moth's wings, knocking him to the floor. Valentino kicked Angel in the stomach, causing him to stagger back, Val got back up, aiming guns at four of Angel's legs. Angel turned to run out of the way but Valentino fired the guns, one missed but three landed, "Shit!" Angel began to lose his balance, falling face-first onto the floor. He scrambled back to his feet, Angel ran at Val, sinking his teeth into the moth's side "Agh!" Val stumbled back, he raised a gun, shooting Angel, causing him to let go. Val lunged at Angel, pinning him to the wall, "Get off!" Angel tried to kick him, "Just give up" Val grabbed Angel's arm, sinking his teeth into it. After some attempts Angel was able to kick Val right in the gut, knocking him off. "Stupid whore" Val growled, grabbing Angel's head and slamming it into the wall repeatedly causing Angel's vision to go dark.

****

Angel's vision slowly came back into focus, he scanned the room, one wall now had a huge smear of blood on it, while other areas had smaller patches, then he spotted Valentino, his wing was still slightly damaged but overall he looked fine, Angel then realized his wrists where tied together, he looked behind him at them, a glowing white rope held them together "Shit" he muttered under his breath, "Awake again huh?" Val turned to him, Angel stared at him for a moment but didn't speak "Ran out of fight?" Val smirked "Good" Val pulled Angel's hair, forcing Angel to look at him, "Nothing to say anymore?" Val taunted, "Husker will come for me" Angel's voice was hoarse "You really think he cares?" Val smirked "He does" Angel tried to yell but it came out quiet "Then where is he?" Val asked "Oh that's right, he's at his casino, because you're just a toy,  a toy that can be replace" Val said, "You're wrong, Husker isn't like you" Angel argured "Then why isn't he here yet? It's nearly been a full day, so where is he?" Val questioned but Angel didn't respond "Pathetic" Val let go of Angel's hair, allowing his face to hit the floor as he walked off. Angel watched Val go, struggling to hold back tears, he hated being so helpless.

Angel had no idea how long had passed though it felt like days, he felt something tugging on the rope around his hands, he quickly looked back to see Husker untying him. Husker finished untying the rope and put large dagger in Angel's hand, he mouthed thanks as Husker went to the edge of the room, hiding in the shows. Angel looked closer at the knife, it's handle was a deep black, while the blade itself was grey but a white metal twisted around it, admitting a soft glow, he gripped the dagger tightly as he watched Husker. His body grew larger, a horn growing on his head as he stalked closer, his hackles were raised and his fur bristled though he didn't make a sound as he approached Val. In one swift movement, Husker pounced onto Val, pinning him to the floor as his claws sunk into the moth. "Agh!" Valentino yelped as he was suddenly pinned, he didn't wait a moment to transform as well, forcing Husker off him as he grew in size. As Husker lunged towards Val, his front paws outstretched to pin Angel noticed Husker's claws had covers on them, that admitted a soft white glow. Soon Husker had Val pinned again, this time he raked his claws down his chest, Val kicked Husker in the stomach before shooting his leg. Husker staggered back but kept his balance, hissing at Val before lunging forwards, raking his claws along Val's side as he passed him, Val nearly lost his balance. Clutching his side with one hand he flapped his wings, making enough wind to knock Husker back. Husker yowled at Val, racing towards him, but just before he reached him he stopped dead in his tracks, his body convulsing as Vox tased him "Husker!" Angel yelled, transforming himself as he leapt at Vox, pushing him into the wall as Husker fell over. He had to quickly duck to avoid being tased himself, Angel used a spare arm to catch Vox's tail, shoving the taser into his neck, Vox yelped as glitched out. He scanned the room quickly, Husker was awake but still on the floor, and Valentino was leaning against a wall, coughing up some blood, as he scanned the room he was slammed into the wall, "Shouldn't let your guard down" Velvette chuckled, as Angel struggled back to his feet, the wind knocked out of him, "You shouldn't either" Cherri yelled as a bomb hit Velvette's back, blowing up on impact, "Oh you're going to pay" Velvette stared at Cherri, "You should focus on yourselves first" Cherri taunted, throwing another bomb at her, this one Velvette dodged, blowing the wall she was previously in front off up, "You'll need to try harder than that" Velvette wiped some blood from her mouth. Angel turned his attention to Husker who was getting back to his paws slowly, Angel ran over to help him "Are you hurt?" he asked "No I'm fine" Husker replied quickly before lunging at Valentino again, Angel trusted Husker could handle Val so turned his attention back to Cherri, who was struggling against Velvette. Angel leapt at Velvette aiming a bite at her neck but was thrown off before his teeth could pierce more than a few layers of skin though while Velvette was distracted with Angel Cherri threw another bombing, this one blowing up in her face, sending her flying across the room. "Had enough yet?" Cherri pinned Velvette down with her boot on Velvette's chest, "You really think you can beat me?" Velvette looked up at cherri, her face was bloodied and bruised but otherwise she seemed fine "I think we can beat you" Angel moved to stand beside Cherri, he raised the dagger, it was no more than a small knife at this size though it was still Angelic, he stabbed her side with it, pushing it as deep as it would go "Agh!" she yelled as he pulled it back out, allowing blood to ooze from the wound. Angel froze has something connected with his neck, he could barley think before he fell down, the electricity making his body convulse, the last thing he saw before his vison went black was Cherri grabbing the dagger from him.

As Angel regained consciousness he heard Vox yelling "Val! no! don't you dare close your eyes!" Angel looked over, seeing Valentino on the floor, back in his normal form as blood oozed from several deep claw marks that covered his body, staining his clothes a deep red "Val!" Velvette yelled, her eyes where welling with tears, "Please Val, stay" Vox stared at him "We need to stop the bleeding" Velvette ripped fabric from her clothes, wrapping it around his wounds "It's pointless" Valentino rasped "No, it's not" Velvette kept trying to wrap his wounds though nothing seemed to stop the blood, "He needs to get back to the tower, we can't help him here" Vox carefully picked the moth up before they both disappeared into a security camera, "Go on, leave" Husker hissed at Velvette "Fine" Velvette stood up, walking off. "What happened?" Angel asked, his voice hoarse "Shit, Husker he's awake!" Cherri yelled, running over to him, turning back to her normal form, Husker followed, also turning back to normal as he reached Angel "Shit legs are you ok?" Husker helped Angel sit up "I think" Angel's voice was hoarse "What happened while I was out?" He asked, "A lot but the jist of it is we kicked the Vee's asses" Cherri said, "Wish I could of seen it" Angel coughed "We should get you back to the casino" Husker carefully picked angel up, "I'll meet you guys there" Cherri said, Husker nodded, flying back to the Casino.