4//✨The Savior

Kindly don't forget to vote and comment to support this story💗
_______________________________________

Jivika comes back to the living room and starts serving the poha in different plates. However, one plate slips from her hands and break after falling down on the floor. Her eyes widen in fright because she knows she will get severe beating for this mistake.

"You broke my expensive plate!" Binita yells marching towards Jivika and slap her so hard that she falls on the floor. Her hands pierce with the broken piece of plate which resulted blood oozing out of the wound.

Jivika cries looking at the blood because it's reminds of her father's dead body which was covered in blood when she saw him for the last time. Binita again goes to slap her but a hand hold her wrist too tightly that it feels like it can break at any moment.

Jivika closes her eyes waiting for another slap to deliver but when she can't feel any pain, she looks up to see that Ritika is holding her bua's hand preventing her from slapping.

"Leave my hand!" Binita says sternly not showing the pain she is feeling in her wrist but Ritika doesn't budge, only tighten her hold on the wrist crushing it completely.

"Hey! Leave my daughter's hand." Janki Rao shouts angrily seeing her daughter in pain.

"She broke the plate by mistake but I will be breaking this house by my choice." Ritika says looking directly in the eyes of Janki Rao whose eyes widen because till now no one in the village has the guts to threaten her.

"Riti, please let go of bua." Jivika pleads getting up from the floor hissing when another piece of the broken plate stuck in her skin. Instantly, Ritika is beside her inspecting the bleeding wound which needs immediate care.

"Lakshya, get the first-aid kit quickly." Ritika orders her assistant who is the boy that has accompanied her.

"Yes, ma'am." Lakshya replies and run inside the room to get the first-aid box he keeps with him. Soon he comes back with the box and gives it to Ritika who starts treating Jivika's wound.

"Who do you think you are? Didn't I tell you that don't put your nose in our family matters? Get away from her!" Janki Rao yells making Ritika extremely angry.

"If you want to keep breathing then it's better you keep your voice down because I hate it when anyone yell at me." Ritika says with greeted teeth.

"Jivi, it seems you need stitches on your wrist." Ritika mumbles.

"No, no I am fine." Jivika replies lying because she is feeling anything but not fine at all.

"I am not blind to not notice how you're trying to mask your pain but you don't have to hide anything from me." Ritika says with a stern voice making Jivika quiet.

On the other side, in Rathore Palace Shivansh is sitting in front of his grandfather. Raghuvendra Singh Rathore, the former king is now in his late seventies. But that has not stopped him from looking after his people. Shivansh may be the king but without his grandfather's approval he doesn't take any decision regarding his people.

"Tomorrow is Holi as well as my birthday, do you remember it right?" Raghuvendra asks Shivansh who raises one of his eyebrow in response.

"Yes, I remember everything. But you can tell me what you want old man. So cut the crap and directly come to the point." Shivansh replies rolling his knowing his grandfather's childishness about getting presents according to his wishes.

"That's why you're my favourite. So, for my this year birthday I want a promise from you." Raghuvendra demands.

"What promise?" Shivansh asks getting suspicious.

"You will get married to the girl I will select for you." Shivansh's eyes widen not expecting something.

"No way I am getting married so soon." Shivansh replies crossing his arms over his chest.

"Young man, I am not telling you to get married tomorrow. First I need to find a suitable bride for you only then you have to marry. It's not like I already have someone in my mind. So, you have time to leave as a bachelor." Raghuvendra says trying to get his grandson agree with him.

"Fine, I will get married to whoever you choose." Shivansh replies while his grandfather clap his hands loudly making other family members to come into the room.

"Papa Ji, did your plan work?" Radhika asks making Shivansh looks at his grandfather with narrow eyes before looking at other family member's faces which are now staring at him nervously.

"So, from the start it was a fullproof plan." Shivansh utters releasing a sigh.

However, before anyone can say anything Raghuvendra's phone starts ringing. He looks at the caller ID to see that it's his lovely princess who is calling him.

"How are you, my princess?" Raghuvendra asks on the phone with a smile on his face. But the next minute his face turns stoic as if he is trying to hold him back to not lash out at whatever he is hearing.

"You have done the correct thing, princess. Also, you bring her here with you. We will see what can be done later." Raghuvendra says and cut the call before looking at his family who are already staring at him.

"What happened, Papa?" Pratap Singh Rathore, Shivansh's father asks.

"The village where Ritika has gone for the investigation of child marriage cases, she has met a widow there. That poor girl is abused by her aunt and grandmother. So, our Ritika has saved her and now want to bring the girl here. So, I have given my permission to her that she can bring the girl. They will be here tomorrow." Raghuvendra narrates his conversation with his granddaughter.

"But we can't let anyone stay here without knowing their proper background." Shivansh protests not liking the idea of any unknown person staying in the palace.

"You know Ritika won't bring anyone with her who can cause any harm. There's reason why she is one of the best advocates in India, isn't it?" Raghuvendra asks Shivansh who keeps quiet knowing well how sharp minded his cousin is.

••••••••••••••••••••******•••••••••••••••••••••

How's it? What did you like the most?

Please don't be a silent reader because I am trying best from my side to please you.😔

The next update will come tomorrow.