↷☆ 9

"Today's the day" Liam sings, yawning as he walks into my room

"Get the fuck out" I grumble, rolling onto my other side. "How kind" Liam mutters as he walks over to my bed.

I close my eyes to try fall back to sleep when I hear shuffling. I open them to find deep brown ones staring back at mine. I let out a small gasp, "what the fuck, Liam? Why are you laying in my bed?"

"Because I knew it would make you wake up."

"What? That doesn't make any sense" I mumble, laying on my back and rubbing my eyes to adjust to the light.

"Yes, it does" he says in an obvious tone. 

"What time is it?" I ask after my eyes adjust to the setting. "9am" he answers, getting off my bed.

"9am? That's so early" I groan but he just dismisses me, "yeah yeah, what a big baby... anyways! Today's the day you speak to Belle, right?"

"Yeah" I whine as I stand up from my bed.

"Do you know what you're going to say?" he asks as I put on a new hoodie and adjust my black sweatpants I already had on.

Whenever I sleep, my sweatpants roll up into pantaloons.

"Not yet" I answer truthfully. He hums in acknowledgment, "it'll be fine, just tell her whatever you feel comfortable to."

I nod.

"Enough with the soppy heartfelt 'be yourself' talk, Tanya made pancakes for breakfast!" he reminds himself and rushes out, with a grin on his face. 

---

"Belle, can we talk quickly?" I ask, approaching the counter once I spotted my favorite blonde hair.

"Huh? Oh mhm sure" she mumbles quietly before spinning around. I watch as her tear-stained cheeks lift as she attempts to smile at me. How her glossy eyes observe my face. How she tries to stop her chin from quivering.

She takes her apron off and yells to Spencer that she's going on her lunch break.

"What happened, love?" I ask worriedly as she rounds the counter and stops in front of me. There was two tables filled on the far left side of the shop so I wasn't concerned of any eavesdroppers. Even if someone were, I wouldn't care.

I only care if Belle cares.

She goes to speak but a choked sob comes out. 

My heart breaks for her. I open my arms and she's quick to take a small step froward, straight into my arms.

"Sweetheart, what happened?" I ask quietly as I stroke her head with my left hand, still hugging her.

She sniffles and steps impossibly closer into my body, "I- I.." she starts but instantly cries again.