Prologue/Chapter 1: Germany PoV

No, no, no, no no no no NO! This couldn't be happening. This just couldn't! Germany couldn't believe that this was reality, that he now had a son. He wasn't ready, still upset from what had happened all those years ago... but his wife would be able to mainly take care of their son, right?

"I understand that this is a shock, Herr Deutschland, but you have a son now. And, I'm sorry, but your wife died due to complications of childbirth," the doctor informed, sounding genuinely sorry.

No, no, no, no! Not my wife! Germany didn't know how to be a good father, much less a good single father. He didn't want to leave the kid. That just felt wrong. Could he ask someone for help? Maybe-

"Oh, and your wife named your son Fourth Reich."

~Fifteen years later~

Germany was pacing in his office, anxiously wondering exactly how to present this new plan... a trade plan to bring Ukraine closer and eventually into the EU, adding to the organization's strength. He then heard a loud crash, and his door practically flew off its hinges, but it had been reinforced ever since he had realized Fourth's, ahem, rambunctious nature.

"What is it, Viertes?" Germany sighed, pinching his nose bridge with his left index finger and thumb, pushing his rectangular glasses up.

"Can I hang out with my friends?" Fourth asked, looking a bit more hyper than normal.

"For how long?" Germany asked, already not exactly enjoying where this was going. There was always a chance Fourth could bring home something with a reflective surface, and goodness knows how careless he could be at times. Or even get a camera of some kind... but phones were allowed, as long as the cameras were covered.

"Just a couple of hours. We're hanging out in the park," Fourth elaborated, fiddling with his hands.

"Sure," Germany decided, after a long deliberation. Fourth couldn't bring home a reflective surface from the local park, right?

"See you soon! Good luck!" Fourth gratified, running out of the room.

"Good luck with what.." Germany wondered until he realized the papers on his desk very clearly showed the plan. Of course, Fourth would notice that, he's a smart kid.

I hope he remains safe.. Germany thought before diving back into the stressful work he had to do. God, he wished East was here, or West.

PHEW, that took a long time to write. Hope y'all enjoy this new story I'm making ^^