𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏

𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞 '𝐌𝐨𝐧é' 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 || 𝟏𝟖 ||📍 𝘈𝘳𝘯𝘰𝘴 𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱-𝘚𝘵

𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞 '𝐌𝐨𝐧é' 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 || 𝟏𝟖 ||📍 𝘈𝘳𝘯𝘰𝘴 𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱-𝘚𝘵.𝘝𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘊𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘦 (Division of Arts ,Sciences and General Studie) || 7:30 AM-3PM||14th of October 2024

 My breath shuddered in and out of my body as i gripped onto the 'bus stop' sign. I had walked from Richmond  Hill to Arnos Vale. While it does not seem like a long walk, It seems to get harder and harder every time I do it on mornings.

I had been coming from my job at the Chocolate Factory in Kingstown.  It is not my ideal job as all I do is answer a phone and place orders all day. But at least I pay my rent every month with the little money that I collect.

Four months ago, I was practically forced to become an adult. Well, I somewhat chose that route.

My home life back in Georgetown was not exactly the best. It was far from peachy and easy. My father was and still is a drunkard that abused me, my mother and my little sisters.

Then my mother continued the cycle by beating me and my siblings instead of protecting us from him.

She would often blame us for the fact that we were poor. When it was her husband, gambling and wasting the family's money that made us poor.

The only thing that kept me going in my life at that time, was my aunt, cousins and school.

Oh how I loved an still love to learn. My education has brought me so much joy in my darkest moments.

Whenever I was battered and bruised by my parents, I would sit in my dimly lit room and read stories to myself and my youngers siblings.

My abuse soon ended with a big argument and me calling my aunt to get myself and my siblings.

I just could not take it anymore and ended up fighting both my parents verbally and physically.

Yes, I Simone James fought a grown man and a grown woman.  I ended up bursting my father's head with a broom and slapping my mother across the face before I ran outside with my siblings and their bags I had told them to pack when the commotion started.

The fight happened the day I got my CSEC results. I got a one in everything but Social Studies and my father decided to cause a whole bacchanal because of it.

He went on and on about how i was rude and how I would become a whore in the future.

When he knows damn well if it was not for my teachers and my own gold mind, I would not have made it through secondary school. He never helped me once with even a school project so I found it very disrespectful that he would find the audacity to curse me.