Chapter 21-25

Chapter 21 A Big Meal

On the next morning, Shen Ruojiao learned that He Yu had fought with seven or eight vendors last night. In addition, the small carriage limited his ability to move, and there were many passengers, so He Yu's right shoulder was almost stabbed.

He was able to avoid the knife because the jade amulet Shen Ruojiao gave him was slightly warm.

As for the three amulets in Gu Hui's hand, after blocking a knife for him, the color of the characters on one of them was obviously dimmed, and there were traces of burning on the corners.

Knowing that the amulet was indeed useful and a priceless good thing, Gu Hui and He Yu both wanted to repay Shen Ruojiao, but now they were still on the train, and many things were not convenient to talk about openly, so they could only remember them first.

Tong Yuanyuan felt relieved after knowing that the amulet was really useful. She had only treated Shen Ruojiao to a meal before, which was far from enough to repay the value of this gift. She also began to think about what gift to give Shen Ruojiao in return.

However, she didn't have anything that could be used as a return gift, so she could only think about it later.

At nine o'clock in the morning of the fourth day, the train arrived smoothly in Qingping County, Heilongjiang Province.

Shen Ruojiao had never been on a train for so long, and she felt like she was going to fall apart.

Next, she had to take a minibus from the county to Jinhua Commune, wait for distribution at Jinhua Commune, and then be taken back by the person in charge of each production brigade.

For many educated youth who went to the countryside, the most painful part of the journey just began after the train arrived at the station, because they had to squeeze into the train with a lot of luggage.

Shen Ruojiao had already put the heavier luggage, such as books, into the system storage space, and replaced some cotton to stuff it in. It looked bulging with a lot of things, but it was not too heavy to carry.

When the train was about to arrive at the station, He Yu picked up Shen Ruojiao's two large luggage bags. As for his own things, he only packed a medium-sized bag on his back.

Shen Ruojiao only needed to carry a military green crossbody bag and a cloth bag for food in one hand.

The food in the cloth bag was bought by He Yu on the platform yesterday when the train stopped. There were seven or eight kinds of food, and this was the result of Shen Ruojiao's strong persuasion.

He Yu did not buy more because he considered that Shen Ruojiao had too much luggage to carry.

As for Tong Yuanyuan and Gu Hui, it was the other way around. Tong Yuanyuan bought more than ten kinds of food for Gu Hui, and also gave Gu Hui half of the food she brought from home.

She wanted to thank Gu Hui for saving her life, and this little food was just a small thing.

Gu Hui didn't want to accept it, so Tong Yuanyuan looked at him with a wronged look.

She had to accept it.

Gu Hui had no choice but to accept it.

Now that they got off the train, Gu Hui also helped Tong Yuanyuan carry two heavier bags.

In addition to her shoulder bag, Tong Yuanyuan also had a lighter bag, and she also had to help Gu Hui carry the cloth bag full of food.

Shen Ruojiao wanted to help Tong Yuanyuan share another bag, but she refused to let go.