Forged In Fire

Those two simple words seemed to ignite something in Dylan, because he turned around and came to me in a flash. He grabbed my hand and began leading the way out of the box suite turned dungeon.

"Excuse me sir, but this is going to be a closed meeting." The attendant said enunciating the last part, then flicking her eyes to me. I had to admit it stung, I knew I was an outsider, but I hadn't expected to experience push back mere seconds after I agreed to basically date Dylan.

"I am aware, thank you." He responded politely, pulling me along with him. I was grateful that he wasn't going to change his mind and was showing her that he wanted me. It was a nice feeling, one that I intended to hold on to as long as I could. As we walked down the hallway the tan tile was echoing under our feet, most of the fans had already excited the building so it was relatively quiet. The longer we walked the more nervous I became, I figured the meeting was going to include me meeting the team...the whole team. This I was not ready for, I just now met Dylan; there was no way that I wanted to meet everyone tonight. That was a bit too overwhelming for me. I paused, causing Dylan to stop in his tracks and look down at me.

"Jade, are you ok?" He asked, looking concerned.

"I don't think this is a good idea." I said, putting my back against the cool wall. Dylan was looking at me like he was debating something, but what I could not tell.

"You will be fine, I promise." He said, extending his hand to me, his tone insinuated that there was not going to be a debate on me following him.

"Dylan.." I began, not able to finish.

"Do this one thing for me, you can wait in another room away from everyone. When we are done, I will take you somewhere. Just the two of us. Dinner?" He said, his tone firm.

"I don't have to meet everyone if I do this?" I asked, wanting to make sure that I was going to just be a fly on the wall.

"No, you do not have to meet anyone if you do not want to. I will do my best to keep you hidden." He confirmed, taking my hand and rubbing his thumb along my palm.

"Ok." I said, once again giving in to his demands.

"Sir, we really need to go. You can't afford any more...distractions." The woman said, eyeing me disdainfully.

Dylan cut his eyes over to her and stared her down causing her to flinch under the intensity of his gaze. Without responding to her, he once again led me down to where the team was meeting. All the while looking down at me occasionally as if making sure that I wasn't going to stop and change my mind again.

Once we reached our destination, Dylan led me to the medical room where the team trainer has an office. He opened the door and extended his arm, indicating for me to enter. In the middle of the room was a black medical table, the kind that one would see at a chiropractor's office. The walls were lined with glass cabinets that contained all sorts of medicines and bandages. On the far right side of the room there was a door that led to a small office that the trainer worked out of.

"Stay in here, don't leave until I come to get you." Dylan said, placing his hand on my shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. "We will go to dinner once I am done, this won't take long."

"I'll be here." I told him, smiling at him and putting my hand on his. Dylan returned my smile, leaned down and planted his lips on my forehead. The soft caress sent chills down my spine so intense that I could feel it in my toes.

"Good." He said, then turned to leave gently, closing the door behind him. Not knowing what else to do, I decided to look around the room and inspect the cabinets. It contained the typical wraps, ointments and other medicines. Nothing held my interest for long, and soon I had looked around the whole room. Looking at the clock on the wall, only fifteen minutes had passed and I was already bored. Thankfully, my phone decided that moment to buzz alerting me to a text. It was from Cassie.