Are you okay?

Wednesday's POV

I wake up before the birds are out, 4am to be exact. I try to get up from bed but I feel weight on me restricting my movements. I turn my head and I see Enid laying next to me with her arm across my stomach and her leg over mine. She knows better than to cross my boundary.

"Sinclair" I say

Nothing. No response. No movement. Great. I don't know how long she's been like this. I haven't allowed anyone to get this close to me. The only other person that got close to me ended up being a homicidal creature. Fitting.

I don't want to wake the wolf up. I guess I can try to go back to sleep until it's time to get ready for class.

Enid's POV

I open my eyes and the scent of vanilla and books consume my nose. Oh. My. God. I fully open my eyes and realize I'm cuddling up to Wednesday. Oh shit.

But wait, why hasn't she kicked me out of her bed...? That's weird. Okay I need to get out of her bed before she realizes I'm literally on her. I quietly and gently get out of her bed. I look at her every couple of moves to make sure I don't wake her up. Personally, I don't have a death wish.

I quietly and quickly get to my side of the room and I grab my phone from my nightstand. It's 6am so she should be waking up soon for class. I grab my uniform from the closet and go into the bathroom to change, brush my teeth and my hair. I decide to do some light pink eyeshadow today. I'm feeling really happy but also extremely confused.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Wednesday getting out of bed.

"Morning Sinclair." She says in her normal monotone voice.

"Good morning roomie!" I say happily

"I'll be quick and then we can grab breakfast" She says as she walks to the bathroom.

Uh okay. Typically I have to beg Wednesday to eat breakfast with me, I had to before we went on that break. WAIT! OMG! WEDNESDAY IS GONNA HAVE BREAKFAST WITH ME!!!!

I start jumping out of excitement. Wednesday walks out of the bathroom as I'm doing so.

"Enid, why are you jumping?" She asks

"SHIT! WEDNESDAY" I scream

"Are you going to answer my question." She says

"Do you have a habit of scaring people?" I respond

"Well, yes." She says

"To answer your question, I'm uh...excited to eat..?" I say trying to sound confident in my answer.

"Okay, well lets go then." Wednesday says as she grabs her bag and opens the door for me.

We walk down to the quad together and got breakfast.

"Enid" Wednesday says

"Yes Wens?" I say

"Why do people keep smiling at me?" She asks

"Well uh, you kinda saved the school." I say

"I don't like it, I don't like remembering that night." She says looking down at her food.

"I understand that, I'm in the same boat." I respond.

"You almost died saving me from Tyler." She says now looking at me.

"And I would do it again for you." I respond looking back at her. I swear I could finally see into her soul. She doesn't have her guard up with me. Typically theres no soul behind her eyes. It's just a wall. Not this time though.