Tuesday

Tuesday, September 15th:

Today I wake up in excitement from the banter me and Mr. Murray had the previous day. As I'm getting ready the thought of him won't leave my mind. I brush my curly black hair, and moisturize my chestnut skin. I'm ready to go.

After my two boring classes pass, I quickly walk to the advance writing classroom. I walk in and see Mr. Murray in a blue button up shirt with
grey blazers. I started to understand the other girls in my class. But in no way was I like them. I wasn't going to throw myself at our teacher. Even though I promised myself that I wouldn't date especially high school boys and ESPECIALLY my high school teacher.

"Good Afternoon everyone I'm going to be looking over everyone's essays so far today." I hear my heart
racing. I can't let him read this, mine is far too personal to share with him, not now, not yet.

"Ms. Davis, come to my desk please". I'm trembling as I slowly walk over to the desk. "May I read your essay?" he asks. "I haven't begun I'm sorry Mr. Murray." I say trying not to shiver from the intense eye contact. "I'm disappointed Ms. Davis, stay after school today and I will help you get started."

———

After my fourth period, I began to walk to his class. As I entered the doorway I see Mr. Murray sitting at the desk next to mine.

Everyone had already gone home, the school was empty.

I sit next to him, smiling sheepishly. "What specifically were you planning on writing about for your assignment, Melanie?" He asks, giving a gentle glance. "Oh uh" I stutter. He takes my computer and glances at my paper. I snatch the computer back "YOU CANT DO THAT!" I shout angrily standing up from my desk. I feel like crying. "I'm sorry Mel, you don't have to tell me anything you're not comfortable with."

I wipe my tears with my sweater sleeve. He comes over to make sure I'm okay and rests his hands on my shoulder. I leap into his arms for comfort, and he hugs back. I look up at him, whilst he looks down at me wiping my tear. I don't know what came over me but I lifted up on my tip toes and locked lips with him. "MELANIE" he shouts angrily. I storm out in embarrassment.