Oh patron of pain, protect thine own

She bent forward, one hand supporting her weight on her dresser while her other gripped her stomach. Underneath her bent head was a pool of blood, as it dripped from her mouth and congregated onto her usually semi-well-kept floor. A grimace spread across her face and she heaved again, only this time it was a dry heave. Her skin was like fire and her blood like ice.

Why oh why did protection have to cause so much strife.

___________

Normally, no one would question it if Ruin wanted to stay in her room. Okay, fine, whatever. She usually did anyways. But now she was actively missing assignments, which were being passed down the chain of available "workers" until they were completed. Which very much pissed some of them off.

It was also a popular post-dinner discussion. Tonight, Jeff had dared corner Masky about it.

"Not that I'm worried, I hate that bitch anyways, but why the fuck isn't she out here doin' her own work?" He spat, the question full of tempered hatred. Masky (or, rather, Tim as you know him) huffed with a sneer as he responded.

"It's none of your business nor is it mine." Jeff frowned in dissatisfaction at this.

"There's no fuckin' way the Boss just let her go all awol with no punishment whatsoever," He tried to reason, "And besides, doesn't this whole thing seem off to you? One day she's telling us to cut ties with that random shit in the group chat, and the next thing you know she's all moody and antisocial and-"

"That's not what antisocial means." E.J., in passing, corrected the white-faced creep.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP-" Jeff reacted immediately, following E.J. off with threats, swears and assorted slurs.

Tim sighed, somewhat relieved to be rid of Jeff's badgering. It's true though, he reflected, Runa has been way more down than usual. He turned his head. He had to admit, he was to some (very minor and insignificant) extent kind of bummed that he could no longer talk to the mysterious person that had been so shrouded in secrecy by Runa as to be dubbed 'sv'. He was just starting to think that the kid wasn't so much of a nuisance as they could've been...

Maybe.

____________________________________

HAHAHHAHA the first story-heavy chapter!! Yes it's short and yes i know and yes it will stay that way <3

THE PLOT THICKENS!!

p.s. i felt like i had only really given attention to a few select characters previously... generally because im not good at making them react cohesively in large scale- BUT you will get chapters like these were one or two, maaayyybe three, characters interact and show there opinions on you <3

LOVE YA <33

-RT