Farewells

Chapter 2: Farewells

I woke up with the sound of my alarm clock ringing at 4 am on the dot. Ahhh. today's the day, the day I'll be moving to the Unites States, just as I was about to get up, a random group, a minimum of 3 people, they look like a family of three, I guess? flashed into my head for a second. Weird. Then I got up and get ready. My mom works as a Registered Nurse, in Lafayette, LA, she just came back home last last week to pick me and my little brother up and bring us along with her to the US. Though, I'm still sad, I don't want to move away from my families and friends from Philippines and start a brand new life in US. And making friends gets harder as you get old. Even worse, since I'm an introvert. My dad on the other hand, is not coming with me, since dad and mom broke up(it's hard processing divorce papers here in Philippines). But, who cares, my father was no good anyways, he's just a stinky, selfish, old weezer. "Maxine! Wake Michael up! Or we'll be late!" Mom said downstairs as she was bringing her trolly bags downstairs. I then went and slapped my little brother's butt while he's asleep softly, "Time to wake up Kel, aren't you excited?". He rose and yawned, "I sure am!" he said with a cute smile on his face. 

15 minutes later, the both of us siblings were ready, then went downstairs along with our suitcases and trolly bags. "Time to go." Mom told us as she grabbed the keys for the car, "You're driving us today?" Kel innocently asked mom, "Tito Ellie will, I'm just turning the engine on" My mom then replied. We waved and said our farewells to Tita Susan, my mother's sister and Tito Ellie's wife, aka our second mother. Tita took care of us while mom's working abroad. Just as I was about to close to car door, I turn back and take one last look.. of our good old house of memories.

 On the way, I plugged earphones and listened to some music(Kel's snores was too loud). I shut my eyes, the song i was listening was about to end, I wonder what's next(My playlist is on shuffle, since I ran out of Spattify Premium), then this one song, suddenly plays. It gives a lot of nostalgia. I looked through the windows of the car, having no care for this world for a second, having my own main character moment, then recalled the fun memories I had with my friends, family. Eating pizza together with the class for the last time, crying together for the last time as Mom's waiting outside the guard's gate to fetch me, hugging each other for the last time, my close friends vandalizing my P.E shirt for the last time, and wiping their tears and snots in my shirt, them spraying their perfume on my shirt to make me remind of their scent. Especially this one boy I liked. Not gonna lie, I cried, it's hard though, hiding your sobs in a deadly quiet driving car. I wiped my tears then I thought to myself, "History starts here."