Chapter 3 - She's so Beautiful...

10am, The Next Day....

My eyes shot open to the sound of my alarm. Today was the day, I get to see Demi again! My mind rushed with thoughts, what would she wear? How would she react to seeing me again? Would she remember how socially awkward I am? I quickly threw on my tank top, that hugged my curves just right, and my favourite pair of jeans. After quickly brushing my hair, I sprayed on some light perfume and picked out my favourite belt.

I rushed downstairs to see my mum cooking some scrambled eggs, "Oh just in time Sasha, get some food in you, you need your energy for today!"

I nodded, trying to calm my butterflies, as I sat down at the table, "I can't say no to scrambled eggs, it smells so good."

Mum passed me my plate, "It's a bit hot, don't burn yourself."

I smiled, my stomach fluttering with nerves, as I dug into the eggs. They were perfect, just the way I liked them. As I ate, I couldn't help but think about Demi. She was so beautiful, with her long, dark hair and those blue eyes that always seemed to sparkle.

Dad opened the kitchen door, "Morning girls. Enjoy your date today Sash."

"It's not a date, Dad. Just a friend hanging out with a friend. You know, like friends do sometimes." I forced a laugh, hoping he'd drop it. He just smiled back, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"I've been saying it's a date too. Trust me, it is, you just don't know it yet." Mum laughed, shaking her head, before turning to me. She cupped my face in her hands, her eyes warm and kind. "You're both in love, Sasha. I can see it. Just be your wonderful self, and enjoy this moment."

"We've known each other two days, it's too early to tell. Anyway, just cause we're girls who like girls, doesn't automatically mean we're gonna fall in love." I tried to sound confident, but my voice betrayed me. I finished my eggs and grabbed my bag, checking my phone one last time before I left.

Dad smirked at me, "Whatever you say, just enjoy your day."

"Oh Sasha, I've made some sandwiches and packed some strawberries for you and Demi. Here's some water too, it's a hot day, make sure to keep hydrated." Mum passed me a few sandwiches in tinfoil, with a few bottles of water, fresh out of the fridge.

"Thanks mum, I'll make sure to drink plenty of water." I gave mum and dad a quick hug and left, ready for my day.

At the Park....

My heart was racing as I approached the park. The sun was shining like a warm glow over the green grass and the colourful flower beds. The air was filled with the sounds of laughter and the squeals of children playing on the swing sets. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves as I scanned the area for any sign of Demi. I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her since we parted ways after the party. Yes, I was quick to catch feelings, I know.

And there she was, sitting down on a picnic blanket, her perfect black hair flowing softly in the summer air. The usual goth-inspired outfit was more subtle this time, a black tank top with white lace around the collar and sleeves, paired with a cute, black skirt that hugged her figure just right. Her fishnets were a perfect contrast against her pale legs. Her back was to me, but I could tell it was her by the way she moved, the way she held herself.

"Demi!" I shouted, running over, a huge grin spreading across my face.

She turned around, her blue eyes widening in surprise, before she broke into a smile that lit up her entire face. She shot up, also running towards me, and we collided in a hug, laughing. Her arms wrapped tightly around me as I felt myself being slightly lifted from the floor, and I could feel the warmth of her body against mine.