Chapter 8

The next morning Emily woke up her room had settled with a chill once the fire had gone out. Groaning she rolled over and pulled the duvet closer to her body. The memories of last night flooded her mind and she groaned again not wanting to face James after last night. 

A soft knock came from her door and Payson peeked her head through the door. 

"Hey!" Payson said with a chipper voice. Emily smiled and remembered that two had training this morning and this afternoon they were going to go into the village for the night market. 

"You ready to get your ass kicked," Emily smirked at Payson and she scoffed in return. 

"In your dreams!" Payson retorted. Emily threw her covers back and jumped out of bed going to her dresser to get her training clothes. The weather had gotten colder as the bitter winter months approached. Emily pulled the drawer out and found a comfy pair of leather pants that had been lined in fleece with a white long sleeve shirt. 

"I'll see you in five," Payson said and walked out of Emily's room. Emily sauntered over to her bathroom and stood at her stone countertop and sink and looked in the mirror at her hair and face, the red tinge on her cheeks, her rosey nose. Emily sighed and turned the water on splashing the cold water on her face. Emily took her comb and ran it through her hair before tying her hair back into a pony tail. She stripped off her pajamas and slipped on the warm fleece leather pants and sighed at the warmth it brought, and walked out of her room to the training field. 

"Good morning beautiful," Nicholas said to her as she jogged over the field. Emily smiled and gave him a peck on the lips excited for training today. 

"Good morning handsome," Emily said back leaning into his muscular chest inhaling his scent of pine and mahogany. 

"So this morning, I was thinking that we try to train with your powers," Nicholas said. Emily raised her eyebrows to Nicholas and smirked at him. 

"Oh were you now?" She asked looking around with her eyes and saw some water behind her. Emily focused in on the water and Nicholas looked at her curiously. Emily began to picture the water and air working together the swirling of the water and started to move towards the pair and around them in a circle. Emily focused the swirling water and air towards a tree where she slammed it against the tree. Nicholas watched Emily in amazement as she launched the water towards the tree. Emily smirked up to Nicholas as he smiled down at her. 

Another thought came to Emily's mind as she began to think of warmth and the glow of fire she held her fingertips out and a flame appeared at her fingertips and she flicked her finger towards the grass in the training field. The small amount of flame burst into small fire in the field. Emily flicked her finger towards the fire the water squelching the flames. 

"You are incredible Em," Nicholas said leaning down to kiss her softly. Emily smiled into the kiss and held his hands. Emily grabbed his wrist and positioned her foot behind his leg. Swiftly she kicked her leg and laid Nicholas out on the grass and all he could do was just look at her in pure shock. Emily burst out laughing and walked away dusting her hands off as if she just did something messy. Payson walked towards Emily laughing her ass off at the fact Emily just put Nicholas on his ass. Payson and Emily got to work on training for the next few hours until the day got late. 

~~~ 

After training Payson follow Emily back up to her room so they could get ready for the night market. The girls decided that this would just be a girls trip and that no boys would be allowed on their outing. Emily walked over to the small closet across her room and pulled out a pair of black leather pants and green linen long sleeve shirt. Payson had a a red dress that at her elbows it flowed out with a black necklace to match. Emily smiled at Payson as she got ready. Emily walked over to her mirror and released the curls she had pinned up previously letting them fall around her face and back.