𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 ... 𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳.

 𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳

THERE WAS FOUR seconds left in the plainsboro versus bridgewater basketball game. the score was tight, plainsboro pumas leading by just two points.

there stood bridgewater bears star player, bruno white at the free throw line. the crowd going crazy, screaming and yelling from every direction of the stands. and with all the noises around him, it was easy for the boy to block them out.

he breathed in through his nose, holding it for two seconds before releasing the air once again. bruno then wiped the multiple sweat beads off his forehead, leaving the cool air of the gym to hit him.

the boy dribbled the ball twice, picked up his hands, and shot, allowing the leather to slide off his fingers. the basket made a swishing noise. bruno sighed in relief. his teammates around him gave the boy high fives and back pats before returning to their positions.

just like clockwork, white did his pattern again. yet when the ball released his fingertips, and both teams crashed the back board, the ball hit the rim and bounced off, causing the crowd to gasp. the gym went silent. the only thing you could hear was the shoes squeaking against the gym floor.

bruno was being guarded by a boy named connor reeves. reeves was basically the bruno of bridgewater. to be fully honest, it was a perfect matchup made by coach joe. both boys were top picks in the class of 2026, and were estimated to go d1 if they kept these stats up.

and with as tight of a championship game it was, the two guarded eachother as if they would break out into fight any second. and as the clock struck 0, they did just that.

"jesus white, you're not as good as i heard you were." connor said, patting the boy on the back as bruno leaned over crying into his hands.

the boy picked his body up, proceeding to face the blonde. "fuck did you just say to me reeves?"

"i said you were dogsh-" before connor could finish his sentence, he was punched straight in the face by bruno.

and he didn't stop. no matter how much the crowd around him yelled and screamed, he just kept punching. no matter how much his knuckles hurt, how much they were bleeding, how broken they were, bruno kept punching.

nothing in the world could stop the boy. except for the cops.

once he was pulled off of connor, bruno took a step back to look down at him. his face was pure red. his teeth were broken, eyes bruised and closed, and blood everywhere on the gym floor. he then turned around to look at the crowd, in which had cameras all facing him.

immediately, bruno was dragged away, and straight into a cop car. truly, the rest of the night was a blur.

the main part he did remember was the quick call made to gallows hill from his mother, begging to take in their beautiful son.

bruno was given the choice between juvy or a juvenile detention school. truly, the boy didn't know what to choose. he didn't know his anger could be that bad. but what he really didn't know, was the consequences of the decision he made.

DELILAH SPEAKS !

——

first chapter out!!!! i'm excited for how this will go!