[Corrupted] Part One (Xaden x Fem. Reader)

"So glad to have you join us," Y/n grinned, "We were wondering what took you so long."

"We both know I don't want to be here." My lips curled into a snarl, "We both know that I had no choice in this."

"Tsk tsk, you chose to become Venin, dear shadow-wielder. Just as I and every other one of us has made that same choice. You chose to find us, you have chosen to join us." Her nimble fingers came to the hilt of my sheathed dagger, the one I had used to kill her professor. "I don't think you're going to need this anymore."

In one swift motion, she took the weapon and passed it to another Venin, who hustled to store it in some unknown location. It made me feel vulnerable, not possessing a single thing capable of killing these disgusting beings.

But was I now the very thing I hated?

I had ripped power from the ground, from the lands I called home. It had been in the name of Violet, of course, but I couldn't help but feel the guilt racking me. The soils were ruined forever, and I had disappointed the one I'd loved, maybe to never be forgiven.

"I am to be your mentor," Y/n continued. "And there is no turning back now, Xaden. You must learn the way of the Venin."

...Two Weeks Later

I walked along the stone walls of the castle. I live in The Barrens now, and two weeks have passed since I left Violet. Abandoned Violet. What did she think of the note that I left her? The vague note that would honestly mean nothing to her?

But the more time I spent living in the land of the Dark Wielders, the more I felt myself becoming them. It was like my emotions were sucked from my body along with my soul, and even the strongest feelings of all, the love of Violet Sorrengail, were disappearing.

I sat on the ridge of the castle, a faint reminder of how Violet had come running after me on the Parapet. It seemed like ages ago, although it had only been a year since that moment.

Faint footsteps came from behind me, which I recognized to be Y/n's.

"In your memories again?"

"Something like that."

She sighed, "I have to admit, your passion for that girl is making me envious."

"I don't know if I have any passion left."

"This place tends to do that to people," She smiled softly. "Your story is a great one, but the tale does not end with her, it ends here. This is where you are meant to be."

"We kill... for what purpose? There is no purpose."

Y/n sighed again, "We kill because we are the great equalizer. We are a nation, just like Navarre and all the rest on the continent. We are created because we want to make something more of ourselves. 'Venin' should not be a curse word, but one that is respected. We conquer, and we liberate. We don't need to be cured, but we are the cure to those who are unable to rise."

"You speak big game," My face remained unchanging and dreary. "How can anything be right when all I think about is Violet? Violet, Violet, Violet?"

"Because you don't ever let go," Y/n shook her head gently. "Let go, Xaden."

I turned my head to face her head-on, and stared into her oval eyes. I blinked a couple times, and realized that my heart was hammering. Not with fear, or anger, or frustration, but with yearning. A yearning I had not felt since I'd been turned into Venin.

"You know what you want to do, shadow-wielder."
I leaned in and kissed her.

--------------------------------

605 Words, keeping things short since this is technically just a one-shot book. I'm going to make a story about Tairn and Sgaeyl first meeting and then part two of this, so drop some ideas! Maybe incorporating Sgaeyl into Xaden's turmoil about being a Venin, and her thoughts on Y/n?