chapter one.

i know you, i walked with you once upon a dream

𓆩♡𓆪

THE GIRL COULD FEEL everything. She could feel the bitter taste of bile that lingered on her tongue, the bruising pain that had been increasing in her knuckles, and the way her stomach had begun churning as her body jerked upwards. Everything could be felt, but nothing could be remembered.

What?

Awareness of her situation hit like a brick as her body jolted up, causing her eyes to open as her breathing began to quicken. The panic set in immediately at the darkness that surrounded her. Her eyes were open, but the only thing she could see were small flashes of light as the space she found herself in was quickly rising.

What the actual hell? Where am I? Help. Why am I going up? I'm gonna be sick. No. No. Up? What?

It was becoming more evident to the girl that she was in a confined space, almost like an elevator, it's pace quickening by the second. She was sat in one of the corners of the compact space, her knees held up to her chin.

Please, tell me I'm dreaming.

She couldn't remember anything. It was as if she were dreaming as her mind desperately tried to search for places in her mind that ceased to exist. Her heart was racing at an alarming rate at the fact that she could remember nothing. Simple things like different types of animals, or what kind of medicines were needed for different types of illnesses were lingering in her mind as if they never left, but personal things didn't own a place in her mind at all.

I should scream.

And that's what she did, yet nothing came out. Her throat was extremely dry, practically itching for water as if she hadn't fulfilled her thirst in days. She began to cough, trying to clear her throat to allow herself to scream for help.

"Please." She whispered to herself, desperate for any kind of saviour to take her away from this utter nightmare she found herself in. The overwhelming urge to let the sharp sob in her throat tear out was high, yet she contained it as she felt the elevator begin to shake.

Forcefully, her body had been thrown into the middle of the elevator, the cold, steel floor being pushed against her palms as she held herself up, her knees planted firmly on the floor to keep her body from falling again.

What is this? I want to go home. Home? Where is home? Do I have a home? Parents? Of course I have parents, but where are they? I'm scared. Terrified.