Untitled Part 11

Chapter 22

Their Heaven: In the library

Corrina sat on one of the boulders that lined the river bed. She was seeking the prism portal that she came through. On that day she began a new kind of existence. This would have been the heaven she prayed for. She sipped the most delicious, rich hot chocolate while taking in the landscape. There were rolling meadows and enormous leafy green trees, flower beds of every colour and rainbows clouds. It was everything she deemed could be possible on the other side. Mack and Eva sat in the rich green grass making decorations out of the leaves that had fallen. They painted them different colours and Dylan hung them up from the ceiling of the cabin. The living room inside their cabin had a wall sized window where you could see miles and miles of splendid scenery. Beside the large mediaeval style fireplace was a wall that was all books. Shelves and shelves of such wonderful stories about floating arcs and The Watchers. Whales and the Universe, rabbits and hares and a curious little girl who falls into a rabbit's burrow and drinks a magic potion that shrinks her . Adventures and nature, philosophy and shamanic herbal medicines. It was all there. Knowledge upon knowledge. Eva's favourite was Alice in Wonderland and Macks was Peter Pan. Days in their Heaven were timeless and never boring. They swam and went fishing. They picked berries of all sorts and baked cookies, pies and cakes. They'd take to the sailboat and have picnics. After lunch they went diving into the open waters. They played with the dolphins and did cannonballs off the side of the boat and while the twins napped in the cabin of the boat Corrina and Dylan went snorkelling to the core of their heaven. There they saw caves full of gold and silver. Massive crystals were embedded into the cave's walls. Back at Burgess Lake they'd take long nature walks through forests and had camp fires. When Mack and Eva were tucked in Corrina and Dylan went back to the fireside and made love under the stars. It was a magical existence.

They were not aware of the timeless change, they just were

Chapter 23

Life

Mack was up to bat. Corrina and Dylan cheered the team on. The banners read "Go Lions Go" and "Knockum out of the park Lions". Mack and Eva played on the same team. Eva had the pitching arm and Mack played first base. They helped each other get ready for games in their backyard every chance they could. Today they were having a great game and the Lions were one home run away from victory. Win or lose the whole team was going to Burgess Lake for a picnic. After the game a pickup truck unloaded two barbecues and boxes of hot dogs, burgers, chicken and steaks. The kids swung from an old tire swing into the lake. Then started a game of beach volleyball before the food was served. Dylan and Corrina nestled together under the big maple. She slid between his legs quite comfortably, she was a piece to his puzzle. Facing the water, Corrina and Dylan fell asleep right there against the tree with smiles on their faces. They were so grateful for all they had. Corrina woke up to the smell of food on the grill. Her stomach ached and she could hear Dylans tummy growl as he slept. The twins ran over with big plates of food. "Here Mom" Mack said as he handed her a hamburger with her favourite toppings: pickle, onion and ketchup. Dylan was aroused out of his sleep by the intoxicating scent of beef and felt the pang of hunger. Eva ran over with her plate of food and a burger with everything for her dad. Dusk was falling and the sun was settling on the horizon leaving the sky blessed with sprays of orange, red and gold. They took small bites of their burger chewing slowly, prolonging going back home. They loved coming to Burgess Lake and they hoped to build a home there one day. For now, there was no rush. After dinner they had pie and coffee. They stayed against the tree saying hello to everyone but they were happy where they were. It was heaven on earth and the great big maple was their connection to everything seen and unseen. "Life is a miracle babe" Corrina bent her head back searching for his lips but it was too late he was already there.