Samaira

Pooja's POV:

Radhika doesn't immediately look back, she doesn't need to since she already saw the upcoming disaster.
We're done with this shit and we need it to be over with.

I am pretty pissed off by the unwelcomed person's arrival but Radhika lets me know it's okay.

Taking a deep breath, she turns her neck to find a face that seemed to be void of any joyous emotion possible. Guilt, regret, hate.. I don't even know how many more I've failed to identify.

Samaira awkwardly excuses me for a private moment. I don't want to leave, but I know Radhika is strong enough to end this for once and all.

I don't leave the venue but maintain my distance for privacy. I sit at a comfortable length but such that I can hear them well.

In front of Radhika sits the beauty she's loved forever.

I can't help but roll my eyes at the feeling of guilt Samaira's trying to show. I just know all she'll do is apologise. I don't think she really does feel responsible for her actions, she might just be an applaudable actor.

What a luck of ours to see her today.

"How have you been? I wanted to ask that day but you didn't give me chance to" Samaira says with a lip-tight smile, trying to ease the tension.

"What do you need?" Radhika spits out with valid anger in her tone.

Samaira doesn't blink for a while, her lifeless face lost in thought.

"Forgiveness" She looks at Radhika with such hope in her eyes that I almost thought she was being honest.

But then I think about how she's been everything but nice to Radhika.

Radhika asks even rudely "And why would I forgive you?"

It really looked as if it was hard for her to get any words out but she gathered her courage to speak, "Because I didn't do anything! Yes, I had to keep quiet but I never helped spreading the rumor. If only, I tried to stop Nikunj from making such a mess. I never wanted to ruin your life, Radhika. Never. I never got a chance to explain because Nikunj never left me alone. God damnit."

I looked at her in disgust, never slightly believing the story as she continued to speak.

"I know that doesn't mean I'm innocent. I'm well aware that keeping quiet was the worst thing I could've done. I shouldn't have let Nik do that. I've been horrible to you. So sorry, Radhika I really didn't want for you to go away" She started crying and Radhika probably melted seeing her so vulnerable.

"And that 'truth or dare', I swear I had no idea Nikunj would use your confession against you. I only asked you so because I liked you and wanted to know if you did too"

What the hell...
Did she just say she liked Radika??
Excuse me??

"It isn't at all easy for you to forgive me just yet. I know. But I couldn't live anymore without the thought of you hating me burdening my shoulders. I just had to let you know.. " She sobs even harder and Radhika swiftly passes her the nearest tissues.

When she's done drying her tears she finally responds with "I'm sorry. I know a sorry can't do shit, but I'm sorry! I did my best to stop her..."

That was her last plead of convincing as she gets up to leave.

"I'm sorry, and I still love you" Were the last dialogues I heard before I caught her almost-tripping figure.

I'm not sure if I heard it correct but I think she said "I still love you".

Radhika finally breaks down in tears when the other girl is out of sight. I quickly hug her, lightly patting her back.

She sniffs before yelling, "Did you hear what she said? She said she still loves me. "

I stay unbothered by the yelling and try to calm her down.

"I know she did, but there's plenty of other things that she said that deserve a thought"

"Before that though, let's get you home but only after you stop crying" I tease.

"What do you mean? You think I'm a baby?" She puffs her cheeks, sass audible in her voice. It's funny.

"Of course you are a baby. Okay just kidding, but don't waste your tears on her, please. She's not worth it. " I convey my true intention and her sobs become lesser.

"Let's get you home"