Riveria, the Evergreen Mother

The expedition to slay Medusa had been formally announced, but little progress has been made in regards to its preparation. Turmoil was flowing into Orario, as Medusa's agents tried to sow chaos and sabotage the expedition. The parasite that had been planted inside Hestia was also still out there. There were also whispers of corruption in the Guild and the malign influence of a certain new god.

The leader of the upcoming expedition was also troubled. Riveria could not stop thinking about Bell. She had always been fascinated by him, but had never been obsessed with him before. The more time she spent with him, the deeper their bond grew. She then realized just how little she knew about Bell and his history.

She was determined to uncover the secrets of his past. She began by paying a visit to the daughter of her former chamberlain, who was also Bell's current Guild advisor, Eina.

"Eina, do you have a moment? I would like to speak with you."

"Riveria... Okay, sure. Please wait for me outside of the office."

"...Excuse me."

Riveria waited for Eina, until she was invited into the office. They took their seats in her private room in the back of the Guild branch. They both began to sip from a hot cup of tea on a saucer.

"What did you want to talk about, Riveria?"

"About the young adventurer you're responsible for: Bell Cranel."

Eina's expression changed ever so slightly the moment he was mentioned.

"Bell...? What about him?"

"I would like to know more about him. Where he is from, what his upbringing was like, everything, especially before he arrived in this city. I'd like to know about his family as well."

"Um... Why are you interested in Bell...?"

"That is not information I'm obligated to share."

"...Fine. You're being suspicious."

It was rare for Eina to speak that way to her friends.

"You're quite interested in the boy yourself, are you not, Eina?"

"...Y-you can tell?!"

Eina had lost her temper. Riveria raised an eyebrow as the half-elf in front of her turned a light shade of pink and hid her face behind the documents in her hand.

"I'd like to know what it was about him that captured your interest."

"H-how could I not be interested in someone like him?! He's just too abnormal! Even among the adventurers in the city, there's no one who makes you want to know more like he does!"

"I agree. He is not like other people."

Bell's kind, honest personality, his earnest effort, and his disarming innocence had made quite an impression on Riveria.

"If you're after him, then I won't give up on him!"

"Calm yourself, Eina. I'm not after him."

Riveria gently laughed off Eina's accusation and watched her close friend seethe with jealousy.

"W-well, Riveria? Why are you interested in him?"

"I'm sure you've heard. He carries a mighty burden. The fate of the entire world will soon rest on his shoulders."

"Riveria, I must warn you that it isn't safe around the Guild anymore. I'm sure we've been infiltrated by Medusa's spies."

A dubious, unheard of god and his familia had appeared out of nowhere and was gradually taking over the Guild. A god who calls himself Kleptos. Riveria felt certain that that was not his real name.