New Town, Old secrets

Eira stepped into her new school that she was going to spend her lifetime in. Eira had just transferred to a new high school in a small town, after her family moved from the city. She is struggling to adjust to the slower pace of life and the cliques that dominate the school. Eira's parents are divorced and she lives with her free-spirited artist mom who encourages her individually. 

Eira is 5'8" with a lean and  athletic build. She has piercing emerald green eyes and raven-black hair that falls in loose waves down her back. She often wears dark, edgy clothing and has a fondness for leather jacket and band tees.

As she entered the hallway, everyone stared at her. Feeling an sudden rush of shyness, she looked down, avoiding any sort of eye contact.

She stepped into her class. Again, all the new faces stared at her.
"Come in." The new teacher said. She smiled before walking in and standing beside him.

"Okay class, this is our new student." He looked at her smiling. "Why don't you introduce yourself?" He said.

"I'm Eira shadow and I'm from Los Angeles. Nice to meet you all." She smiled at her classmates which some of them gave back. "You can sit next to whoever you want." The teacher stated.
She scanned the room before walking to a seat which was near the window. She sat down, looking at her side and saw a boy staring at her. He has bright blue eyes and messy, sandy-blond hair with a strong athletic build. He smiled and looked back to the book he was busy reading.

At recess, Eira walked to her locker, checking it. Suddenly someone walked towards her drawing her attention. It was the boy he saw in her class before. He smiled an charming all-american smile.
"Eira.. Right?" He said. "Sorry, If I'm not pronouncing it right."
She looked at him returning the smile. His voice was deep yet soft. His smile revealing the dimples making his messy blonde hair show out.

"No don't worry, thats how you pronounce it." She replied.

"I'm Liam, Liam Reed. Nice to meet you." He exclaimed, reaching his hand towards her which she gladly accepted."

"Nice to meet you." She shaked his hand, smiling.

"If your okay with it... Do you want to get to know eachother.?" He asked.

Since He is the only person who has talked to her yet, she said yes. They together bought a drink before sitting in the bleachers and started to talk.

"So.. What makes you move from a big city like LA to a small neighborhood in Indiana?" He asks.

"My mother was born and raised her before she moved to LA with my father." She says.

"LA is great and all but for me.. My heart lies on California." He states.

"Why California?" She inquired.

"I've always wanted to study business and when I heard about Stanford Graduate School of Business." He replies.

"Isn't it so hard to get in?" She asks again.

"Well, I've gotten a Solid GPA so I don't know.. Maybe... What about you? Don't you wanna go somewhere?" He enquires.

"I don't know.. But, I've always to be an flight attendant growing up. Not now though. My brother told me about how easily I can die. I'm scared now." She exclaims.

"You have a brother?" He asks.

"Yeah, an older one.. Slight smart but I don't want to agree on it. I know he is good but, you know.. I'm his sister and I'm totally not going to call him the smart one.. I have a good reputation about my self. But secretly, I agree the idea of him being smarter." She says.

He gives her a quick smile before munching into a small sandwich he bought. She looked around the bleachers.

"I never thought the idea of speaking to someone on my first day.." She exclaimed. He looked at her, his mouth puffed up and he continued to chew the food up before speaking.

"Well, here you are speaking to a.. Guy." He says.
They both laugh it off and Eira finishes her drink.

"Tell you what, I have an Match tomorrow, after school.. I hope to see you." He says wiping off the small pieces of  crumbs on his mouth.

"A basketball game?" She asks quickly.

"Yeah, you'll be there right?" He asks again.

"What are you? A heartthrob? Loved by everyone?.. and yeah, sure, I'll be there."

"Not exactly loved by everyone.. there are haters. In each corner to be exact. Some love me.. Some don't."

He shrugs as she lets out a low chuckle. They spend the entire recess together and go back to their class. After that day, they got closer and closer.