5//✨First Meet

Kindly don't forget to vote and comment to support this story💗
_______________________________________

On the occasion of Holi, whole Rajsthan is beaming with excitement. Because who doesn't like the colour of festival?

Nothing is different in the Rathore Palace as everyone is preparing to play holi. Not only that, they're more excited because their darling princess is coming home after one month.

Shivansh is equally happy to welcome his little sister home who's not so little anymore. But for him no matter how older she becomes, she is always going to be his little bestie. Reetika is only three years younger than Shivansh. But that never stopped him from behaving like an overprotective big brother.

"Rana Sa, everyone is waiting for you in the temple." One of the servants inform bowing a little.

"Okay." That's all Shivansh replies before looking at the mirror for the one last time.

He has worn a complete white kurta pajama set for the occasion of Holi. Usually, he doesn't like to wear this colour but as per his Dadaji's order, everyone in the family needs to wear white on Holi.

 Usually, he doesn't like to wear this colour but as per his Dadaji's order, everyone in the family needs to wear white on Holi

He takes the plate of Gulal from the table and walk out of his room. According to the customs of Rathore's, first they will offer Gulal to their Deity Mahadev and after that they will start playing Holi with others.

Everyone of the family is already in the big temple which is situated outside the Palace, but not out of their boundaries. They also have another temple inside the palace but this big temple is older than the palace itself. There is a rumour that, Mahadev himself had blessed this temple with his presence thousands year before and ordered then King of Rajasthan to build the new palace here.

Shivansh smiles looking at the crowd which are already waiting for him outside the temple. Because after he offers Gulal to Mahadev, only then the real festival can be started.

However, before he can enter the temple his ankle twists misbalancing him. At the same time someone holds his arm preventing him from falling but the plate of Gulal falls on the person instead.

Everyone present their let out gasps of surprise because this is the first time when the Gulal falls on a person before it can be offered to their Deity Mahadev.

Yet, Shivansh's eyes can only look at the big doe-eyes that are staring at him with fright. He gulps seeing the ones white salwar suit is now covered with Red Gulal.

"Bhaiya!"

Ritika shouts from behind before hurriedly coming near her big brother and newly found bestfriend who seems lost in their own worlds.

Hearing Ritika's voice, Shivansh's trance gets broken. He looks at the petite girl in front of him who is now shaking in fear.

"Jivi, are you okay?" Ritika asks holding Jivika's face with her palms.

Jivika can only nods her head in response because the turmoil she is feeling inside can't be described in words. For so many years, she has never got to play holi because of her being a widow and today, her white clothes are covered in colours. Not any colour, but a red colour which is a forbidden colour for her to even think about.

"I want to take a shower." Jivika mumbles which is only audible to Ritika who fully understand why the sudden need of shower.

"Mumma, I am taking her to my room. You guys continue the puja." Ritika informs before taking Jivika's hand in her walks inside the palace to her room.

Ritika shows the washroom and also how to use the taps to Jivika who walks inside with now a blank look in her face. She shuts the door behind and switch on the shower before standing under it with her clothes on. Slowly slowly tears starts pouring out of her eyes and no time gut wrenching sobs can be heard from outside the washroom.

Ritika feels heartbroken hearing the sobs of Jivika but she knows that the poor girl has endured so much to be fixed in a few sentences. She needs a lot of care, love and support to feel free from the clutch of the physical and mental abuse she has faced all these years.

On the other side, after offering Gulal to Mahadev Shivansh distributes sweets to his people who chant their king's name while praising him for his utmost care towards everyone.

After sometime, everyone go to play holi with their loved ones while the members of the Royal Family too indulge in celebration. Many big businessmen, politicians come there to celebrate the festival.

But Shivansh's full attention is on the doe-eyed girl who is now inside the palace. Even Ritika hasn't come back yet. For some reason, he is feeling restless. Like someone close to him is in pain. He looks around but everyone in his family seems okay to him. Then what is this feeling that is making him so tense?

"What happened?" Aaradhya asks standing beside Shivansh.

"Nothing, Maa." Shivansh replies shrugging his shoulders but his mother knows him better.

"Are you thinking about earlier incident?" Aaradhya asks making Shivansh hesitates for some reason.

"That girl was just trying to help you. So, don't be angry with her. Also, what I heard yesterday from Papaji, I won't be shocked if that girl has endured a lot. I just hope we can help her overcome whatever she has gone through." Aaradhya says before releasing a sigh.

"But why let her stay here with us, Maa? Ritu could have sent that girl to one of our welfare centre." Shivansh argues but a glare from his mother shuts him up.

"Have you forgotten about your Geetanjali Bua? How much she has suffered in her past because of your grandmother's one wrong decision? Then just think how much the poor girl has suffered too in the hands of her own family, I don't even want to imagine if something happened in her in-laws place as well. So, stop finding excuses for letting the girl's staying here or I will tell your beloved sister about it." Shivansh gulps hearing his mother's last sentence because Ritika is a demon with the face of angel and if she has liked someone so much to bring her here, it's good if he doesn't comment anything.

••••••••••••••••••********••••••••••••••••••••

😁Ritika is surely a badass or why the king himself will be scared of her?

How's the chapter and their first meet?

The next update will be on Wednesday. Till then please vote and comment on all the chapters if you haven't done yet.