[2] Cursed Dick

It was time for the class photo, and the students weren't in much of a cooperative mood, if they ever were to begin with. Mickey walked past Malakai, bumping her hip against his playfully and continuing on her way. The students were all getting into positions, shortest at the front and tallest at the back. Seeing as she was right in between those two categories, she chose to stand in the front and bend her knees a little to make herself seem shorter than she was. Somehow, she managed to get stuck between Harper and another student.

With her hands crossed across her chest and her fingers nervously tapping against her arm, she failed to notice the new kid standing beside Amerie until the other students began hassling him over his vest. She looked over and he indeed looked like a farmer with that thing on. Harper turned to look at Mickey, noticing her fidgeting which she immediately stopped. Cash kept her secret, but Mickey knew about what happened to Harper. And just because they've both been through it with Chook, didn't mean they were gonna bond now.

"Calm your farm everybody," Woodsy said, attempting to take control of the situation, but her choice of words only made the laughter worse. That was until a loud bang muted everyone, catching them off guard. Mickey looked around, noticing the source of the noise.

"I'm sure that you all remember head of P.E, Mr Timothy Voss," Woodsy said, gesturing towards the man. "Give a welcome back."

There was scattered applause at the man's return and Mickey couldn't help but look the man up and down with a raised eyebrow. His fashion choices were questionable at best. Students whispered about the possibilities of his absence, such as him joining a Russian cult or, as Darren was so happy to share, the fact that he was suspended for having an OnlyFans under the name 'Zaddy Voss'. Mickey shuddered at the thought.

"Thank you, Principal Woods. Uh, great to be back alongside you in the flesh. Heard you had an interesting term last term. Yeah, looking forward to getting things back on track now that I'm back. So, as I always say, let's get ready to score some goals!" he finished, imitating a ring announcer.

Woodsy was just about to get things back on track for the class photo when she was interrupted by a girl running into the gymnasium and shouting, "Oi! Anthony Vaughn's chopping his dick off in the quad!"

That sentence was enough to send the students scrambling towards the door and outside, afraid of missing the show. It took Mickey a second to process the information, but she followed everyone outside to see what the fuck was going on. And indeed, there was Ant, standing on a ledge and addressing the students now gathered around him.

"My dick causes nothing but trouble," he began, listing a few more things before pulling his jeans down to his ankles. Mickey lifted her hand to her mouth and looked around to find Spider.

"Oi, Spider," she said, shoving him as she found him in the crowd. "What the fuck is he on?"

"He might have overdosed on weed gummies."

"That's what he was chewing on?" she said to herself, looking back up at him standing there. The sight was almost comical.

"My dick is a curse, so I'm gonna get rid of it," he announced, and that was when Mickey noticed the pair of scissors in his hand.

"He's not really gonna chop his dick off," Harper said, and as if that was the trigger, Ant put the scissors down his pants as the students began chanting, 'Chop it off'. He didn't get a chance to do any damage before Voss tackled him to the ground.

"What a way to start the term."

Woodsy, Jojo and Voss took Ant away, with Spider not too far behind, all the while trying to disperse the crowd of students and their phones.

"There might be something wrong with your boyfriend," Darren said to Mickey as they all watched them leave.

"Tell me about it," she said, turning to face them. "He overdosed on weed gummies on the first day of the term."

She shook her head and then made to follow them to make sure he was okay. Mickey made it to the room just in time to hear the end of Voss' speech and him and Woodsy breaking out into song. She shook her head and then peeked into the room, seeing the frown on Ant's face as he nodded his head. She held in her chuckle as she watched. The nurse walked past her with a cooler in her hand, entering the room and looking at Ant, sitting there.

"Is his penis still attached or what?" she asked, to which Ant nodded his head. His eyes were bloodshot red and there was not a doubt in Mickey's mind that he was still high as shit. The adults left and that was when she stepped through the doorway, waving her fingers at Ant, who'd smiled a sad, high smile when he noticed her.

"What are we going to do with you, Anthony?"

•••••

Ant was sent home after his little performance to come down in peace. Mickey was sitting in the library, doodling a target in her notebook when she noticed Darren coming down the steps and answering their phone. She left her stuff where it was and snuck up behind them to give them a little scare, but stopped when she heard a familiar voice from the other end of the line. She deflated, the guilt crawling back up to suffocate her as she listened to Darren giving Cash the summary of what had happened on their first day back.

"Oh, boring. Dusty's left the school, there's a new hot guy, Ant tried to chop his dick off," they listed. "Oh, and Mickey's alive."

She rounded the bookshelf and made her way into Darren's line of sight, waiting for them to finish their conversation. They smiled at her and then ended the call, pulling their phone away from their ear. Mickey bit her lip.

"How is he?"

"As fine as he can be, considering," they answered.

"What did he say?"

"He's glad you're not dead, and so am I," Darren said. "But seriously, where have you been this whole time?"

Mickey repeated the same lie she told Ant.

"Is he mad that I haven't been responding?"

"No, he's not. But he will call you, and you're gonna have to answer. He's allowed to have visitors from tomorrow, your name is on the list."

Mickey nodded her head, the guilt subsiding just a little but not enough to lift any significant weight off her shoulders.

"I'll be there."