𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟬.𝟲

thank you for almost 3k reads! ^^

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

At the tailor's shop...

Today, the twins were getting measured again for their Eden Academy uniform. Apparently, the same tailor shop where they'd met Yor was an "Exclusive Seller of Eden Academy Uniforms" (as the sign outside the shop said).

"Ninety-nine and... a half!" the seamstress declared after she pressed the measuring bar down on Anya's head.

"I grew two millimeters bigger! Just since last time!" Anya exclaimed as the seamstress continued to measure her arms.

"Taller, not bigger," Luna corrected her sister.

Loid looked at them. "Probably a rounding error," he said.

"Don't be so sure. Kids grow fast at this age!" the seamstress said, smiling.

"That's true. My brother sure did," Yor added.

"Then let's get those uniforms with a little extra room," Loid said, glancing at Yor.

As the seamstress finished up Anya's measurements, she remarked, "I still can't believe you're married now, Yor! Why didn't you say anything the last time you were here?"

"The last time... right. I'm so sorry!" Yor apologized hastily.

"And to think that your children are attending the prestigious Eden Academy!" the seamstress continued. "Congratulations, dears!"

"Thank you very much," the twins said simultaneously.

"Your husband must be an Eden alumnus, then?"

"Me? No, I went to a third-rate rural school."

"In that case, be careful," the seamstress said darkly. "There's something of a gulf between the alumni families and the first-generation ones. I hear it can even lead to bullying and discrimination among students. Plus, there's hazing from the honor students, conflict between the dorm kids and commuters... I hear all sorts of things.

"And those commuter students— apparently they get kidnapped all the time! After all, everyone knows that only wealthy families can afford Eden."

Loid, Yor, and Luna all looked at Anya, who was shaking in fear.

"I don't wanna go to Eden anymore!" Anya cried shakily. Luna gently patted her shoulder while Loid looked like he was about to panic.

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear. I didn't mean to scare you," the seamstress said, finishing up Anya's measurements. "It'll be okay, There're lots of wonderful things about Eden too!"

At the cash register, the seamstress counted up the cost for their new clothes. "Okay, so that's two complete uniforms, plus two winter coats, two sweater-vests, and six other pieces," she said. "Since you're a regular, I'll get those alterations done for you right away!

"Oh, and you can get the other required school supplies at the store on the corner."

This sure is getting pricey, Loid thought with a tired look on his face.

Well, no one ever said taking care of two kids who are about to go to the fanciest school in this country was gonna be like a walk in the park... Luna thought, side-eying her father.

The family left the shop and headed down the street. Anya hid behind Loid's leg as she looked around.

"Hm? What's the matter?" Loid asked her.