chapter 1: when the eyes met

Word count: 710

It was the first day of school, a new school

It was the first day of school, a new school. My new school was completely different compared to my previous school, causing me to be overwhelmed and extremely nervous.

I stood infront of the Gate taking a deep breathe. I got inside the campus and saw kids running around getting into their class realizing I was probably late. I ran up the stairs to the second floor,looking around for my classroom. When I finally found the room and got in, all I heard was whispers and chats, and people scattered around the classroom. I figured out that everyone knew each other very well and would make it hard for me to fit in.

Amidst the chaos my eyes locked into a brown pair of eyes. The prettiest eyes I have ever seen, the boy had really Long lashes, and I could stare into them forever.

When suddenly the door opened revealing a lady in a saree, who greeted me with a warm smile I assumed she was our teacher. She asked me to take a seat and I scanned around the room to find one empty seat beside a girl. I sat beside her and smiled at her, she smiled back at me. "Whats your name?" I asked her, she smiled again and replied saying, "my name's Mehnaz, Mehnaz Khan. I am new here" I was honestly relieved, I wasn't the only one new here. The teacher asked us to introduce ourselves.

Despite being nervous Mehnaz caught my hand and reassured me, we stood infront of the class, as Mehnaz and 2 other new students introduced themselves. Finally it was my turn, I took a deep breathe and introduced myself. "Hello, my name is Ayesha Ashia. I joined this school this year, and was previously in Gauhati". As I introduced myself I felt a pair of eyes at me, it was the same brown eyes. Our eyes met, and my stomach did something I never knew it could do, and with that the teacher asked us to sit.

The rest of the class started Introducing themselves, a girl captured my attention, who was seated right behind us. I turned around to see her flashing the loveliest smile. Her smile spoke alot about her personality, she seemed to be a very outgoing, extroverted person. "Hey everyone, my name is Shaima Malik". Her voice had a Hint of excitement. Unknowingly I ended up smiling too.
After her, many more introduced themselves, and that's when Mr brown eyes stood up, even though he was sitting right infront of us, he looked behind once. "My name's Aditya, Aditya Roy." So thats the name of Mr. Brown eyes.

The first day of school arrived, and though the vacations had flown by, the prospect of meeting new students dampened my excitement

The first day of school arrived, and though the vacations had flown by, the prospect of meeting new students dampened my excitement. I've always found it challenging to warm up to strangers, preferring the comfort of familiar faces.

As I made my way onto the school grounds, I felt a sudden impact on my head, causing me to turn around to see my close friend, Amin. His presence brought a sense of reassurance, like a brotherly embrace that I had missed during the break. With Amin by my side, perhaps this year wouldn't be so daunting after all.

Entering the classroom, I spotted another familiar face, Arman, predictably running late as usual. Engrossed in conversation with him, my attention was abruptly drawn to the door swinging open, revealing a girl of modest stature adorned in a hijab. Her nervous demeanor softened as our eyes met, her brown gaze captivating me in an instant.

As the teacher entered and the class settled, the new students were prompted to introduce themselves. Lost in thought, I was jolted by a voice that exuded calm and comfort. Glancing up, I found myself locking eyes once more with the same girl from earlier. Ayesha Ashia, Ms. Ashia, I noted to myself.

Amidst the introductions, Shaima's booming voice filled the room, echoing through the halls with unwavering confidence. Meanwhile, my gaze wandered, searching for Ayesha. When I finally spotted her, seated just behind me, our eyes met once again, sparking a connection that left me intrigued and eager to learn more about the girl with the captivating eyes.