1.

𓆩♡𓆪

"to be frank, aiming for an ivy league school in america is overwhelming. i understand you mentioned in your 'future careers' application you wanted to be a journalist or.. an author but wouldn't it be safer to stay in japan?" your eyes flicked towards your homeroom teacher as he nagged at your prospect. the combination of his unassuming face and lazy grip on your application pushed a heavy sigh out of you. to be exact, the teacher's room in nekoma high is as stuffy as you remembered. a year and a half ago today, you- misaki [name], stumbled into the same room asking for directions to your class.

"i'm aiming for brown university," you replied boldly.

"be realistic, misaki."

the man in front of you pursed his lips and mimicked the heavy sigh that escaped your chest earlier. your eyes darted left and right the second silence seeped into the atmosphere. since day 1, you can't recall a moment you weren't uncomfortable at any designated teacher-student meeting or counselling. dread is the best way to outline the feeling bubbling in your chest.

"you're precise, i know that- and calculating," he continued. however, his words lulled into the background as you stared off at the window allocated near the entrance to the teacher's room. one student passes. another. a group of five. your homeroom teacher was right, you were precise. you can't agree to that statement now though. if i was precise i wouldn't be here, the thought circled your head. clad in a white button-up and a black vest, with a blue jacket and an off-putting red tie- it's the disgruntling symbol of a nekoma high student.

when those students were passing, it was obvious their eyes darted at you and immediately misaki [name] became the new topic of their previously discarded conversation. why is misaki [name] back in nekoma high after transferring almost two years ago?

"you're an above-average student at best. excelling in academics could get you right into where you want to go but what happened two years ago stains your opportunity to slip out to an overseas university." your homeroom teacher babbled at you.