vi. daggers and liars

Chapter 6 | The Dinner Party

WALKING with Jenna close to the old Fell property Elijah and Emaline looked at Jenna as she spoke. "The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence."

"Ah, the Fells." The Mikaelson started. "One of the founding families."

Jenna smiled at the man. "Why do you say it like that?"

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier." Elijah told Jenna.

"It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast um, it was Salem, to be precise." Emaline added, looking around at what Mother Nature had created. Remembering a time long ago where she had walked this very same path. When she was human.

Jenna looked at the beautiful woman, Jenna was very taken back with Emaline's natural beauty. "Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?"

Emaline nodded her head ever so slightly. "Which means the ever lauded Founding families.."

"They didn't actually found anything." Elijah finished.

Aunt Jenna sighed. "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." The last part made Ema chuckle since it was so true.

"Yes, they are." Elijah confirmed as he looked at Alaric who was walking over to the three.

Jenna looked at Alaric for a moment before remembering Elijah and Emaline haven't been introduced to him. "Uh, Elijah, Emaline, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman."

"Yeah, I got your, uh, your message about walking Emaline and Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would, uh, tag along. You know being a history buff and all." Alaric explained. "Where to next?"

Emaline sighed. "Well, I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history."

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car, just give me a sec." Jenna said before walking off leaving them alone.

"Alaric Saltzman." Elijah looked at the man. "So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

Alaric nodded. "So is Jenna."

Emaline smiled, the look of jealousy beamed all over Alaric's face as he stared at Elijah. "You don't have to be jealous. Elijah doesn't really pursue younger women, you don't need to worry about him getting in your woman's bedsheets." Alaric just stood there not saying a word. "Bloody hell." Ema whispered. "It's a joke, Ric, lighten up."