Characters

Main characters

People

Fagin - the owner of Dodger, Rita, Francois, Tito and Einstein. A petty thief who ran into debt to the gangster Sykes. After his death, he took care of one of his Dobermans - Roscoe, who was seriously injured.

Later he became his new owner.

Doctor Nancy - veterinarian. She performed surgery on Roscoe's paw, which was at risk of amputation due to damage to it caused by falling onto the tracks from Sykes' speeding car. The Doberman suffered a complicated fracture. The doctor put the broken bones back together and saved Roscoe's right front paw.

Bill Sykes - gangster. Owner of Doberman Pinschers Roscoe and DeSoto. He died while chasing Fagin on the Brooklyn Bridge on May 8, 1988.

Billy - one of the dog breeds. When he captured Roscoe and brought him to the shelter, he deliberately abused him. When he hurt the Doberman on the operated paw, the dog bit him. Out of revenge, he posted a note on his chest that Roscoe would soon be euthanized. During Roscoe's escape from the shelter, he was attacked by dogs released from their cages and bitten (Roscoe was not involved in this).

Dogs

Roscoe - Doberman. Brother DeSoto. He once belonged to the gangster Sykes. He was born on May 6, 1982 at 4:14 am. Doberman was 6 minutes older than his brother. They were born on the same day. Since joining Fagin's gang, the Doberman has changed his personality to a more gentle and caring.

Over time, he gained their favor. He fell in love with Rita - a female Saluki - the only female in Fagin's gang.

He was finally accepted into the gang on July 10, 1988 (two months after Fagin took him in).

He's six years old.

DeSoto - Doberman. Roscoe's brother. With him he belonged to the gangster Sykes. He was born on May 6, 1982 at 4:20. He died in the Brooklyn Tunnel on May 8, 1988. At the age of 6.

Dodger - The leader of Fagin's gang. He has leadership skills and a good heart. He never trusted Roscoe and DeSoto. He hates them.

When Roscoe joins their gang, he fails. When he learns that Rita and the Doberman have developed feelings for each other, he introduces the rule "no gang member will be in a relationship with another gang member".

Unfortunately, when Dodger introduced the rule, he forgot that he never recognized Roscoe as a legitimate member of the gang, so he and Rita can be a couple.

He eventually accepted Roscoe into the gang and abolished the "no gang member shall have a relationship with another gang member" rule.

Rita - female Saluki breed. The only female in Fagin's gang. She decided to give Roscoe a chance after Fajans took him onto the barge and nursed his wounds. She was the first to notice a positive improvement in the Doberman's behavior, and over time she fell in love with him.

She is a full 20 minutes younger than Roscoe, and 14 minutes younger than DeSoto. She was born on the same day as Roscoe and DeSoto.

Tito - a little chihuahua. A member of Fagin's gang.

Einstein - an old Great Dane. Member of Fagin's gang.

Francois - French bulldog. Member of Fagin's gang. paw, which was at risk of amputation due to damage to it caused by falling onto the tracks from Sykes' speeding car. The Doberman suffered a complicated fracture. The doctor put the broken bones back together and saved Roscoe's right front paw.