CHAPTER 35: Blessings - Jupiter & the Goddess of Harmony

[Eye of Verity]

[Rank: Unique

Classification: Active Skill

Lvl: 1

Proficiency: 0%

Your inherent distrust of people and desire for transparency have culminated in this power bestowed through Alchemy.

Skill Effect:

▪︎ Endows the wielder with the ability to discern truth from falsehood, analyze target Stats, and glimpse beyond the boundaries of reality.

Stamina Cost: 0.7% ⅌ Second

Skill Cooldown: None]

Daisuke skimmed through the details of the skill once more before uttering the words: "Eye of Verity."

DING!

[The Eyes of Verity illuminates beyond what you can see.]

The moment he evoked the words, the world transformed, adopting a monochromatic palette reminiscent of an antique television show from the 19th century.

As Daisuke surveyed the landscape, he marveled at the way highlights, midtones, and shadows painted the scenery in exquisite detail.

His eyes widened as he turned his gaze to where the Hidden Dungeon had been. Instead of the grayscale surroundings, Daisuke noted a pulsating purple aura where the outcrop had previously stood.

"This is..." Is that the residual energy from the Hidden Dungeon? Mmm... I'm sure there's more to it, but I don't think I'll be able to figure it out right now.

[Alchemy]

[Rank: Unique

Classification: Active Skill

Lvl: 1

Proficiency: 0%

An ancient and arcane fusion between science and magic, carefully honed to perfection over time by the greatest chemists. Centuries ago, following its completion, the art was sealed away out of fear that its power would fall into the wrong hands.

Skill Effect:

▪︎ By using mana as a catalyst to tap into the Aether Field, Alchemy allows the user to endlessly harness the secrets of nature to transmute, combine, and manipulate matter.

Mana Cost: N/A

Skill Cooldown: N/A]

The next skill was Alchemy, but Daisuke wasn't particularly interested. The description was convoluted and difficult to understand, and what he did comprehend about the discipline simply triggered memories of Reginald and the tragedies that took place at the manor.

He didn't want to remember any of that.

However, he deduced that he had stumbled upon the skill when he opened the grimoire discovered in the secret chamber. The moment he acquired both skills—the Eye of Verity and Alchemy—was punctuated by his bleeding eyes and the book missing its text.

[Αφινίτη's Blessing]

[Rank: N/A

Classification: Passive Skill

A blessing given in recompense by The Goddess of Harmony.

Skill Effect:

▪︎ Bestows longevity and total immunity to negative status conditions, including diseases, poisons, curses, and other abnormalities. Given sufficient rest, the body will also regenerate lost limbs and recover from other disabilities.]