CHAPTER FIVE

the five vk's were sitting in their "remedial goodness 101" class, bored out of their minds, as ruby got yet again, another question correct

"if someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower?" fairy godmother asked, causing ruby to look up from her daydream and wince slightly.

"C, give it a bottle? or D, carve out its heart?" fairy godmother asked as evie raised her hand excitedly.

"evie" fairy godmother called on happily.

"what was the second one?" the blue girl asked, causing mal and ruby to look at her.

"oh okay. anyone else?" fairy godmother asked towards jay and carlos who looked hard in thought and mal who was busy drawing the wand.

"ruby?" fairy godmother called on the girl in maroon once again.

"C, give it a bottle" ruby smiled.

"correct. again" fairy godmother smiled.

"you are on fire, girl!" carlos hollered.

"just pick the one that sounds like something mal would never do" ruby said.

"hey!" mal laughed as she pushed ruby's shoulder.

"oh" carlos and jay sighed.

"that makes so much sense" evie smiled.

just as the vk's all begun understanding everything, a young girl with bright eyes, wearing all blue came running in, squealing, timidly.

"hello, dear one" fairy godmother said to the young girl.

"hi. you need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation" jane said, looking at the vk's terrified.

ruby looked over at mal who looked at the fragile girl with such wonder, and ruby knew that the purple girl had a plan.

"everyone here remembers my daughter, jane?" fairy godmother said to the group.

"mom, no!" jane said in embarrassment.

"it's okay. jane, this is everyone" fairy godmother pushed her daughter towards the group.

"hi. that's okay, don't mind me, as you were" jane said to the group, yet her gaze remained at carlos slightly longer than the rest.

jane walked away and mal continued staring at the girl, smirking to herself in amusement.

"let's continue. you find a vial of poison. do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?" fairy godmother asked, causing evie, carlos, and jay's hands to shoot up as they now knew the secret to getting all of the questions right.

"oh! get off!" carlos yelled towards jay who forced his hand down.

"jay" fairy godmother called.

"C. you turn it over to the proper authorities" jay smirked towards ruby who shook her head at the boy.