- Inescapable Fate -

It's a beautiful lively day in the Crème Republic, all the cookies gathered around to see their heroes come back from a adventurous journey. Some of the cookies chatter, some giggle to each other, some even whisper, all of them awaiting for the two greatly known cookies to reveal themselves.
Once the air ship lands from above all the cookies cheer loudly, wanting to see their beloved heroes. "They've returned!"
A cookie shouts, "Our heroes! They're here!" Another cookie cheers.
The crowd gets even louder whenever a cookie finally emerges from inside of the air ship, they stood proudly among the crowd, a sense of pride emitting from the cookie. Their aroma brighter than light itself, almost like they shined everywhere they went. Just seeing the cookie made a few others fall deeply, in a sense.
"Oh Ser Madeleine Cookie!" A cookie cheers from the crowd, seeming love struck in their tone. More cookies follow along as they call out the name of Madeleine Cookie, admiring him in lots of ways.
Then there was another cookie that exited the air ship, almost the complete opposite of the other. They were more brooding and dark, making you uneasy just by looking at them or being near them. Instead of staying near the crowd, the cookie went directly away from it, avoiding everyone and everything.
  The cookies in the crowd didn't seem to care, since their focus was mainly on Madeleine Cookie alone. Yet Madeleine Cookie seemed to be the only one who noticed, following after the cookie while he waved to the crowd in regards of leaving for his friend. The crowd called out for Madeleine Cookie to come back, but he didn't, even if he was devoted to do such things.

Once Madeleine Cookie had gotten away from the crowd, there was nothing but peaceful silence surrounding him. Madeleine Cookie sighs, looking at his friend who had walked ahead, speed walking off to who knows where, probably to continue his work.
     "Espresso Cookie wait!" Madeleine Cookie calls out, running after him to catch up. Espresso Cookie keeps at his own pace, ignoring Madeleine's words, he simply didn't want to wait, he had work to do. Eventually, Madeleine Cookie catches up, now walking beside Espresso Cookie, and looking at his face in silence.
     "Why'd you walk off like that?" Madeleine Cookie asks in a soft and prideful tone. Espresso Cookie stays silent for a moment, thinking to himself. "I didn't want attention. Why do you even care about such a matter? Their focus was mainly on you, isn't that what you want?" Espresso responds in his usual cold demeanor.
   Madeleine Cookie frowns slightly, trying to keep up with Espresso's walking pace. "I think it's also nice to spend time with you, don't be so harsh Ess." Madeleine Cookie smiles once more, his words sounding genuine. Espresso scoffs, rolling his eyes while looking in front of him, not even glancing at Madeleine Cookie once. "Yes yes... whatever." Espresso Cookie mumbles under his breath, looking off to the side. Madeleine Cookie could swear he saw a slight change in Espresso's face, his cheeks turning into a burnt red color.
    "Hm..." Madeleine Cookie  smirked, his attitude becoming more smug while looking at his friend. Espresso Cookie looked back at him, his eyebrows furrowed like he was trying to seem upset. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Espresso asks in a harsh manner, his face turning redder after he asked. "Oh, nothing." Madeleine Cookie says with a chuckle, still keeping a stupid smirk on his face even whenever he looked away. Espresso Cookie looks at Madeleine for a bit longer, enhanced by a daze, and just by looking at him made his stomach tingle, he couldn't stand looking at him or his stupid face any longer. "How odd." Espresso Cookie thought to himself, although he's felt this feeling many times, it only bothers him more.

The two cookies had finally gotten to Espresso's house, it was late in the evening by now, and the sun was setting for dawn. Espresso Cookie hoped Madeleine Cookie would just leave him be, but another part of him hopes for the complete opposite, wishing that he could stay. As if he would let that side take over.
     Surprisingly Madeleine Cookie had stayed quiet for most of the walk, which made things weirder since he was never quiet... he could never be quiet. Espresso Cookie thought the whole thing was weird, why was he even following him home? Just to make sure he was ok? It was a miracle! As if Madeleine Cookie had been caring more each day... it made Espresso Cookie suspicious about the whole thing... since usually all Madeleine Cookie cared about was himself, his 'adoring' fans, and talking. He was always the center of it all, but he always manages to stay with Espresso Cookie, wanting to talk to him more, and see him more.
   Espresso Cookie grumbles at the thought of Madeleine Cookie caring about him out of all cookies, it was the most stupidest thing he had ever thought of.
     Espresso Cookie stopped in his tracks, standing outside of his door with Madeleine still behind him, so he turns around with his arms crossed. Madeleine Cookie was staring at... him. Today had been so tiring Espresso Cookie didn't feel like telling him to go away anymore, not even a little part of him wanting to. "So are you going to just stare or what?" Espresso Cookie speaks, breaking the silence between the both of them. Madeleine Cookie seemed to snap out of his small daze, his expression turning softer. "Oh, my sincere apologies." Madeleine Cookie speaks, his mouth closed again so he could smile.
     Espresso Cookie doesn't speak another word, he just looks at Madeleine Cookie in silence, who then stepped closer. Espresso Cookie could hear his soft breathing once he got closer, watching his chest rise and fall, it made his heart flutter. Espresso looks up at Madeleine's face, his features showing nicely in the sunlight coming from the sunset, and that smile of his. Espresso tries to ignore this feeling, so he turns swiftly, opening his door to go inside of his house.
   But he feels a small tug at his arm before he takes a step inside, making him look back at Madeleine Cookie with an annoyed expression on his face. Madeleine Cookie let's go not so long after Espresso Cookie turns around, then he opens his mouth to say something. "Is it alright if I keep you company? Just for a few minutes... I won't be long." Madeleine Cookie asks, he didn't want to leave just yet in this case.
     Espresso Cookie raises a brow, obviously he wasn't interested in letting Madeleine inside of his home, and along with that he didn't want him to stay longer than he needed to. But maybe if he let him stay... it wouldn't be so bad, after all he was tired. "Fine, but only for a few minutes." Espresso Cookie responds, his voice becoming softer. Madeleine Cookie's smile grows wider just at his answer alone. "Yes of course! I wouldn't want to waste your time."
     Espresso Cookie walks into his house, Madeleine Cookie following behind, shutting the door behind him. Espresso Cookie still thinks this is strange, why was he acting like this... out of all days? He must be up to something.