5

It's been a week since Harry woke up, and everything was going well, well, as good as it could get.

The teenager moved around a bit more as the potions Riddle fed him.

Tom had also been spending a lot of time with the boy. He hadn't told anyone that he had Harry with him; he didn't want to overwhelm the poor boy slowly warming up to him.

Today was a warm day, and Tom was sitting outside by the pool reading a book.

He was wearing black lounging pants and a green button-front shirt. He was about to turn the page when he heard soft footsteps coming towards him. Looking up, he saw Harry approaching him, looking hesitant.

"What is it, Harry?" He asked gently, reaching out his hand for the teen to take.

The teen looked between him and his hand before slowly taking the hand and allowing Tom to pull him towards him. Tom settled the teen on his lap and ran a hand through his hair. "Now tell me," he said, positioning Harry so he could see his face. "What has got you like this?" the red-eyed man said, and Harry nervously played with his fingers.

"Now that I am healed and able to take care of myself," Harry started, and Tom raised a brow at the statement. "Will you be sending me back to my family?" He asked. Tom huffed, pulling him closer to his chest.

"Do you not remember the first time, Harry?" Tom asked, and Harry frowned up at him.

"That I was supposed to stay here until I went back to Hogwarts," Harry replied, "But I thought that was just until I got better, that if I didn't get better by then I had to stay," he said and Tom shook his head.

"No, even if you are fully better, you are to stay here," He said, and Harry gave him a slight nod.

It was later in the day just after dinner and both males were in their respective rooms. Tom was just slipping on his shirt after a shower when he felt the distress alarm he cast on Harry go off.

Rushing out of his room, he ran next door to Harry's. He burst open the door, wand in hand, ready to protect the boy.

Stepping into the room, he sighed in relief to see that Harry was alone but frowned when he saw Harry wiggling in distress. I'm the sheets.

He rushed towards the bed and climbed onto it. He settled next to Harry before pulling the boy into his lap for the second time that day. He whispered calming words into the teen's ears until the small male calmed down and Tom finally relaxed. He buried his face in Harry's neck, taking in his scent.

Holding the small boy in his arms made him wonder what his own children would have been like; he often felt envious of Lucius and Narcissa for being able to parent Draco. But he had taken a different path from them. A path that was full of hatred, pain, and despair. He never got the chance to settle down, think about a mate, or even a family. But now that he was back, the loneliness he felt was overbearing. That's why he was so happy to take Harry in; for now, until he went through his inheritance, he could at least pretend that Harry was his child.

After sitting in the same position for a while, he felt Harry shift in his arms and looked down to see the teen sleeping peacefully in his arms. He laid him on the bed and moved to stand up, but a tiny hand grabbed him. Looking back at Harry, he saw green eyes looking up at him. "Stay, please," The teen mumbled, and Tom allowed a small smile to grace his lips.

He moved back towards Harry and climbed under the comforter. Harry shuffled closer, wrapping his arm around him and burying his face on his side. Tom wrapped an arm around him and ran a hand through his hair as Harry's breathing evened out once again.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 674

Re-published: April 28, 2024, 7:30 am

When are you reading this?