Ch.1

It was a cold night in northern Montana as a creepy fog rolled into the sleepy town. A way down the road a bit leading away from the town was a school. It was no ordinary school either, for it was designed to turn the most dangerous and lethal people into monster hunters. This school was called s the Rosewood Academy. they came off to everyone as a normal high-end boarding school, and as you can guess… the normies bought the whole charade. Hook, line, and sinker. Yet there were only a select few families in the area that knew the truth. These families were huge sponsors of the academy and its rehabilitation programs. These families were such huge names in the town and even in Montana that the locals never questioned what the school was doing or even where their money went when a fundraiser for the academy was ever going on in town. The only people who knew about the academy's dark secret were the young individuals who went to the school and those who were its faculty members. 

The sun was beginning to rise slowly as a team of elite rosewood hunters were coming back to their school's dorm area for some well-deserved rest. The thing to remember as you read this story is that these young individuals were indeed teenagers and they did go to a private academy, but they were by no means ordinary teenagers as you will soon come to learn.

                                  “Man, that wendigo was tough to defeat.” groaned a tired young man with short scruffy brown hair and amber eyes, “Luckily we had our star hunter there with us. Otherwise, we would all be-”

A few of the other students shivered at the thought of dying at the hands of something so evil… even more so since some of them knew what happened to those that get caught by evil monsters. they get eaten alive if not killed outright first. The list of students that were considered Rosewood's elite hunters for hire are as follows from youngest to oldest. First, there is the young heiress, Isabella Hartington. She has long blond hair that she always took great care of and baby blue eyes that enchanted any and everybody she meets. Next on the roster of elite slayers is Kimiko Fukushima. She was raised in a hidden ninja village in Japan's countryside. Thus, she was as agile as a cat with all the gace of a swan. Her jet-black hair and violet eyes gave this young ninja a mysterious vibe. though she goes to this school only to bring money to her clan…. Otherwise, she would have never left her village behind.

Third on the roster of incredible talent is a sharpshooter by the name of Trinity McBeth. her medium length strawberry blond hair was frizzy, and her green eyes were vibrant as emeralds. Her talent that landed her in this school was that she could never miss a shot. Whether it was a sport or not, if it included aiming, she could do it with extreme accuracy and precision. Then there is Jacob Brooks, who is an Atlantian from the fabled city that fell into the ocean. Not much he can't do… except use his brain for more complicated thinking other than what will I have for lunch tomorrow. The second oldest is Alexander Walker, who is stronger than werewolf but is only human. His weapon of choice is a huge double headed battle ax that was made entirely of the purest silver his ancestors could get their hands on.

Finally, the oldest and most talented hunter in the group of misfits is named Sophie Lacross. She has long wild red hair and cerulean blue eyes that can see through any bullshit. She has a no BS type of personality and is a huge realist. She is definitely not a pushover, and she is really someone you don't want to get on the wrong side of. Sophie is the top student in both hunting and the academic part of Rosewood's curriculums. She is both smart and resourceful, not to mention she is gorgeous. 

These five students were learning how to be demon slayers, so apart from being the best slayers Montana has, they were also teanagers. Also, they were in training still till they were deemed worthy of going after real demons, so until that day, they will take on evil ghosts and things that no one would believe existed. While most of the students have family to go to on the holidays, sophie was an orphan with no family to speak of. The group of misfits that she just slayed a wendigo with were her only friends… ever. As the group of elite misfits walked back to their rooms on campus, someone was there to greet them at their dorm house…. the activities director, Gabriel Lumin. Not much was known about Mr. Lumin, except that he was related to the Dean of the Academy. 

                                “Well, well, has my elite team gotten any better at slaying monsters?” Mr. Lumin said with his trademark grin, “it would be a shame if the best team of slayers-to-be were exhausted by only one little low rank monster. it would be such a shame to have to tell the headmaster to-” 

                            “NO!” everyone said in unison, and maybe with a bit of fear in their voices for what Mr. Lumin was suggesting or rather what he was threatening to do to all of them if they failed a mission.

Mr. Lumin let out a boisterous laugh as the teens all groaned out of exhaustion and frustration. Mr. Lumin was never known for mercy to those just because they were younger than him. In fact, no one really knew how old Mr.Lumin was, to be completely honest. He looked to be in his mid thirties, with black slicked back hair and the finest suit money can buy… But frankly, no one was certain about his real age. Though one thing was certain about him, he had a major sweet tooth and could pretty much be bribed to do anything by giving him a snickers bar. 

The slayers and Mr. Lumin headed toward the school grounds as the day was beginning to come forth. Stomach could be heard growling as they haven't eaten since yesterday. As they walked on campus grounds, Mr. Lumin could no longer ignore the hungry growls of the young Slayer’s stomachs more or less than he could ignore his own stomachs growling. They then walked into the cafeteria to find the Campus therapist, Ms.Glorybell, standing by a table of delicious plates of food.