8

Tom and Harry spent the rest of the day at the beach. Tom stood on the sand and watched as the teen enjoyed himself at the beach playing in the sand, building sandcastles, and swimming.

When they made it back to the manor it was just after dinner. Tom had made Cappy pack them a small picnic for them to eat at the beach. As Tom climbed the stairs with a tired Harry in his arms he couldn't help but smile at the boy.

He got to Harry's room and placed him on the bed before exiting the room and coming back a few minutes later. He sat beside Harry and shook him awake. The teen opened his eyes and looked sleepily up at Tom. "I have something for you," Tom said, pulling something out of his pocket and showing it to Harry.

Looking at it, Harry saw that it was a ring; it had a spade on it with a skull and crossbones inside. "It is your father's gift to you," Tom said as Harry slowly took the ring and slipped it on his finger.

Immediately after, the ring started to emit a black glow, and Harry started to scream in pain. Tom bit his lip at the scream, but he didn't move to comfort him because he knew his touch would just make it more painful for him.

He stood from the bed, moved towards the chair by the window, and sank down. He flinched as Harry let out a gut-wrenching scream. The room got colder, and a hand was placed on his shoulder, looking over he saw skeleton fingers resting on his shoulder.

"You don't have to stay, you know," Azreal said as he came around to stand in front of him in his flesh form.

"I do," Tom replied and flinched as Harry let out another scream.

Azrael sighed as he leaned over Tom, who looked up at him. Azreal's eyes flashed their orange-red color before he pressed his lips to Tom's forehead, making him pass out. He straightened up and pulled down his suit jacket before going over to stand by the window, looking out into the night.

He wouldn't lie and say that the screams of his son didn't hurt him because hearing them wrenched his heart. He didn't know how long he was standing there before the screaming stopped. He turned around and saw his son sleeping soundly on the bed, his black wings spread out beneath him, and his skeletal form laid limp on the soft bed.

Azreal was happy to see his son in his true form; he really missed him. It has been extremely lonely these past seventeen years. After spending so many years with someone by his side and then leaving, the loneliness increased, with him knowing what it was like not to be alone.

Making his way over to the bed, Azreal climbed on top of it and lay close to his son before closing his eyes. He didn't need to sleep, but he could if he wanted to. Even though for him, it wasn't really sleeping, his eyes were just closed, but he was fully aware of what was happening around him. 

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 524

Re-published: April 28, 2024, 9 am

When are you reading this?