the only part

A young, blond boy lived in a small, isolated village. He had always wanted to go and explore the bigger cities. He knew that they were there of course, but his father wouldn’t let him go explore the cities, as he said; ‘The world is a dangerous place Hizashi. It’s much better for you to stay here where I know you're safe,’ Of course the young boy hated this, but he decided to go against his fathers orders, and went anyway. He’d been accompanied by a dog-mouse-bear thing that could speak English named Nezu, and his best friend, Nemuri.

“Nemuri! Hurry up! I wanna get there by the end of the day,” Hizashi said, impatiently.
“I’m Coming ‘Zashi.. I can't walk as fast as you can,” Nemuri panted, as she was out of breath from running to catch up with Hizashi.

Nezu was following close behind Hizashi, keeping an eye on the young boy. As he was Hizashi’s father’s advisor, he’d been instructed to not let the boy out of his sight after hizashi’s father realized there was no stopping him.

At the same time, in a cave somewhere further up the path, Enji; a sorcerer, was watching them. Enji had two of his sons following the trio.

“Yes… This is going to be good,” The sorcerer said maniacally.

As Hizashi, and his travel companions approached the cave, Touya; The eldest of Enji’s sons, stopped them.

“Hello travelers. My name is Touya, and this is my younger brother Shoto.” He said motioning to the boy beside him with a giant burn scar over his left eye. “We overheard your conversation about heading to the city, and my brother and I were wondering if you would like to take a break.. Your feet must be exhausted,”
“Well I don’t see why not! Sure,” Hizashi said, happily.
“I don’t know about this ‘Zashi.. This seems a bit sketchy to me… besides, don't you want to get there by sundown? It's already rather late in the day,” Nemuri protested.
“Why? Are you scared? C’mon Nemuri! It’ll be fine! They only want to let us rest for a bit. Oh and we will still have enough time to be there before the end of the day,” Hizashi reassured her.

As Hizashi, Nezu, and Nemuri followed Touya and his brother to their father’s cave, Nemuri slowly became more, and more creeped out by their surroundings. Less light was coming onto the path; due to trees getting more dense. Less animals appearing. Creepy sounds were also coming from every direction.

They entered the cave where Enji and his sons resided. Enji was sitting there waiting for them. Touya, and his brother, seemed to have disappeared into the darkness of the cave. Hizashi also noticed his companions had vanished as well.

“H-hello,” Hizashi said, feeling nervous for the first time in a long time.
“Hello Hizashi. My name is Enji. I used to work for your father, Toshinori,” Enji told the blond in the same monotone voice as his eldest son.
“What is it that you want from me,” Hizashi asked the sorcerer.
“Well, if you give me your voice, I can grant you one single thing,” Enji answered. “You just need to sign on this line,”
“Do I get to know what you are granting,” Hizashi asked, curiously.
“No,” Enji responded bluntly.
“O-ok,” Hizashi said, nervously signing the page.

Nezu and Nemuri appear outside of the cave, then followed Hizashi the rest of the way to the city.
Nemuri tried to strike up a conversation to make the scenario less awkward, but when Hizashi tried to say something, no sound came out. He looked down, sad. As he prided himself on his voice. The trio continued their trek to the city, not a word shared between the three of them.

When the trio arrived in the city, they were greeted by loud, bustling streets with people, and cars moving in every direction. One person in particular caught Hizashi’s eye. He desperately wanted to talk to the boy, but the sorcerer had taken away the blond’s voice. The boy was browsing around a market with the kitten in his arms, and the lady followed him without saying a single word. The boy saw Hizashi, before deciding to approach him with an intrigued look on his face.

“Hi. My name is Shouta. Who may you be?” The boy now known as Shouta, asked.
Nemuri answered for Hizashi, as he couldn't speak due to Enji taking his voice.. “His name’s Hizashi. He can't speak,”
“Oh.. I don’t think ive ever met someone who can't speak before,” Shouta said, awkwardly smiling.

The kitten jumped out of Shouta’s arms, and walked up to Hizashi. She purred while rubbing gently against his leg. The action from the kitten made Hizashi smile very wide, as he adored animals deeply.

“It looks to me as if she likes you.” Shouta chuckled. “You can pick her up if you’d like to,”

Hizashi didn't hesitate, and picked the small, white kitten off the ground. He smiled at the kitten that was cuddling into his chest.

“Her name’s Eri.” Shouta started. “I adopted her from a shelter after she was brought there from a cruelty investigation.She’s not usually this social. You must be special,”

Hizashi smiled wide at the small kitten playing with his long hair that he typically kept up, but happened to be down at this moment. Nezu and Nemuri had run off to explore the market, so Hizashi was now alone with Shouta, and the tall blonde lady that seemed to always be with him.

“Do you have anywhere to stay?” Shouta questioned. “You could stay with us if you’d like,”

Hizashi shook his head politely, as if he was saying ‘You don't need to take me in. I don’t want to be a bother to you,’

“Please? It’s the least I could do,” Shouta insisted, showing the taller a large, genuine smile.

Hizashi hesitated for a moment, then nodded, before putting Eri down. Eri stayed right beside Hizashi as he followed Shouta to his house.

When they arrived at Shouta’s house, Hizashi’s jaw dropped. It was bigger than any house the blond had ever seen in his village. They walked inside together, and Hizashi couldn’t help but stare in awe at the utter size of the house. The two boys climbed their way up 4 flights of stairs to get to the boy’s room. They sat in an awkward silence for a while, before Shouta finally said something.

“Ya know Hizashi, I think you’re really cool,” The raven haired boy told the blond.

Hizashi smiled politely as they fell back into silence. Although it wasn’t anywhere near as awkward as the previous silence, it was much more comfortable. Eri let out a soft meow, before jumping up, and settling in Hizashi’s lap.

“She really likes you..” Shouta said, before muttering something Hizashi couldn't hear.

Hizashi looked at him, wanting the boy he was accompanying to repeat what he had previously said.

“I uh… sorry this is kinda weird, especially since we just met today but uh.. I know you won't be able to answer me but I just need to get this out.. I'm.. you're really cool, and I really really like you.. so uh.. Sorry.. I ramble a lot… I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love you..” Shouta stuttered.

Hizashi smiled warmly, and hugged the boy.

“I love you too,” Hizashi said, smiling sweetly.
“You can talk?,” Shouta questioned.
“I can talk,” Hizashi said excitedly, widening his smile.

Shouta then hugged the blond tighter. They sat like that for a while, enjoying each other’s company.
The End

1282 words.

Erm yeah this took me about 4 hours to write total.. someone please tell me how I did