Sparky Meets Bird Chick

My wings flapped hard and fast, propelling me closer and closer towards the anemoi thuellai. Everytime I thought I was in reach, they would speed away from me, taking Hedge to whatever faraway place they had come from. After chasing them for a good ten minutes, I gave up. I couldn't get him back, not now.

Gods, I'm such a disappointment. Can't even keep up with some little storm spirits.

Making a sharp turn, I flew towards the chariot Annie and Butch were currently situated in, with some newbies too. Go figure. Instead of Percy, we get some morons who are probably as idiotic as him, but have no idea what they're doing.

Be honest, Muerte. When does Percy know what he's doing?

I sped up a bit, then landed on the back of the chariot and tucked my wings away. Annie glared at me.

Uh oh.

"You're late. Couldn't get Gleeson?"

I swallowed,

"No, the spirits were too fast. And, remind me again, what am I late for?"

"Introductions."

I looked over to the newbies. There was a girl with brown, choppy hair, a blonde buff dude and a skinny, elfish boy with curly brown hair.

I waved.

"Hi, I'm Muerte, I can kill things and I swing both ways."

Annabeth slapped a palm to her forehead and Butch looked like he was holding in a laugh.

"Em, we've talked about this, that is not the proper way to do intr-" this nickname has nothing to do with my name, her name just starts with M so it checks out

"What exactly are you?" the elf - like boy interrupted.

I cocked my head. What, did he not know what bi is? "Um, bisexual?"

Now he slapped a palm to his head.

Do I have that effect on people often?

"No, like, why do you have wings? And your teeth freak me out."

"Ohhhh," I felt really stupid. I must be an embarrassment to be around. "I'm a demigod, but my mother was a siren, so I inherited some things from her, like my teeth, wings, and the ability to charmspeak."

"What's charmspeak?" The girl asked.

oh mis malditos dioses, I'm not google.

Answering her question anyways, I said, "Charmspeak is just a fancy way of saying I can make people do what I want. It's like manipulating people with your voice. Low - key is really fun too."

"Muerte!"

"Yes Annie?" I answered innocently.

"Please don't be a scary psycho at the moment."

"Whyyyyyy though? It's fun!"

She sighed. Gods, I really am exasperating. "Because you didn't even say who your godly parent is, you just stated you are bisexual and like killing things."

"Touche, blondie."

"Don't call me that."

Guess I have to do even more introduction. "Anyways, let's do this again. Hi, I'm Muerte, I'm the daughter of Hades, the god of death, and a siren. I can kill things and I swing both ways."

Annie looked like she was going to yell at me again, but just then, our favourite storm spirits came back.

The wind roared. We glanced behind us and saw dark shapes forming in the clouds, more spirits spiralling towards the chariot - except these looked more like horses than angels.