19

It's been a week since Tom spoke to Azrael. Sure, the man had turned up to try and talk to him, but he just ignored him.

He was currently in his office researching a certain child that Asura had told him about. He had to admit, he was shocked that Severus had a hold, but he was just a bit disappointed that his friend would ever think he would let something happen to the child if he had kept it.

Tom's stomach growled, and looking at the clock above his door, he saw that it was way past lunch. Standing, he made his way out of the office and down the hall to the kitchen.

He got closer, and he heard voices.

"Well, that was really stupid of you," he heard Asura say, and he let out a frustrated huff.

"Don't you think I know that?" Another voice, which he identified as Azrael, said, "I didn't think he would want to. Not everyone wants to be the mate of death. You remember Lucas?" Azrael asked, and it was silent for a while, making Tom wonder who it was 'Lucas.'

"Yeah, I remember him." Asura said, "Tom's different though, you don't have to doubt him," He said and Tom heard footsteps coming towards the entrance of the kitchen.

He looked up when Asura stepped out, the other also passing when he saw him. "You know, Tom, deities sometimes feel more than humans think they do," He said, patting Tom on the shoulder before walking away.

Tom looked at the taller man walking down the hall before looking around the corner of the kitchen to see Azrael leaning against the counter, looking through the window.

Deciding he wasn't that hungry to go into the kitchen, he blocked up and walked away.

He made it back to the office and collapsed on the couch. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to talk to Azrael, but he didn't want to be the one to start, and now he felt bad for ignoring him when he tried to talk to him.

He decided he was going to talk with the other the next time he tried.

Asura made his way out of the manor and into the garden; he was using the bond to track one of his mates. The tall blonde one. He made his way to the fountain in the center of the garden and paused as he spotted his mate.

Sitting at the edge of the fountain, his creature was on full display, and his dark green robes, which he had worn to work earlier, were blowing slightly in the wind.

The blonde turned and smiled at him, and Asura was sure his heart stopped beating for a quick second. "Hey," Lucius said as the dark-haired man walked over to him and ran a gentle hand through his hair.

"Hey, how was work?" Asura asked, and Lucius sighed. Leaning into him, Asura continued to massage his scalp.

"They are idiots; Dumbledore has been mumbling in their ears about not being able to find Potter. And he's also been not so sneakily trying to figure out who you are since you helped Draco and then turned up to lunch," The blonde said, and Asura hummed softly.

"Everything will calm down soon, and Tom will rule wizarding Britain. With you in the ministry, all will be going the way it should," he said, and Lucius nodded.

"Any word on the kid?" He asked, and Asura shook his head.

"Not yet," he replied. "I want to try finding him the human way before I try my way. I asked Tom to help, but I made sure he promised to keep it a secret from Sev for now." The dark-haired male replied as a cool breeze blew and his mate shivered.

"Let's get inside, it is too cold to be out here in such thin clothes," Asura said, leading the others inside.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 638

Re-published: April 28, 2024, 2:30 pm

When are you reading this?