unrequited

Jimmy was closing alone tonight, it had been a particularly slow business day so he had trev take his kids home early for the day.

Jimmy stared out the window. his eyes, not focused on the table he'd been absent-mindedly wiping, but rather, on the restaurant just across the street.

There he saw Bob and Linda, closing for the night as well. as Bob counted what little money was made for that day, Linda came up from behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist, visibly catching bob off guard in a way that Jimmy thought was so cute.

He suddenly caught himself in the middle of the thought, a tinge of jealousy and guilt shooting through him. even though he knew how he felt about Bob, he also knew Bob would never feel the same, no matter how many times Jimmy fantasized about being in Linda's place whenever he saw them being affectionate with each other, or thought about comforting Bob if Linda ever divorced him, he knew those things would never happen outside of the Solis of his own mind.

He turned away from the window, embarrassed at the thought of bob seeing him staring. Once he was alone, out of the windows view, he let out a sigh, he needed to head home now, his kids were probably doing something stupid, he chuckled at the thought, making him feel a little better.

As he locked the doors to his restaurants he glanced towards bob's restaurant, and for a moment, his heart fluttered as he and Bob made the briefest of eye contact through the window before Bob turned away, his attention turned somewhere else.

Jimmy smiled to himself as he walked to his car, the interaction wasn't much, but it was enough for him, until their next dumb argument or moment of bickering,

it was enough.