LIPGLOSS! leo valdez

DEDICATED TO, nobody

LEO VALDEZ, enemies to lovers

IN WHICH, cherry garcia likes herself too much, and leo valdez hates her for that.

IVY ★﹚

CHERRY GARCIA!

CHERRY GARCIA!

thought she was the funniest person in the world.

leo valdez hated every second he had to spend around her.

being a daughter of aphrodite was always stereotyped, and cherry fit the stereotype proudly. she didn't feel less than because she enjoyed things like dressing up, even if others thought she should've been.

"can you move?" cherry's tone came out a little meaner than she was attempting.

leo was sitting in the spot under her favorite tree.

everybody knew she sat there when she was sick of everybody else.

"can you develop a personality?" leo replied, looking up from whatever he was tinkering with.

"oh, sassy. got me there." cherry replied, her face staying in its cold expression.

leo remembered the first time he'd arrived at camp.

at the sight of her, he'd just gotten woozy. he couldn't even remember what stupid thing he'd said to her, but he was terrible at talking to girls.

cherry was different. she was beautiful, sure, but she was so mean.

"are you gonna leave?" cherry repeated, after not getting an answer.

"i was here first." leo spoke, his eyes boring into hers.

"fine." cherry spoke.

she plopped down right beside him, adjusting the way her hair fell in waves down her shoulders.

leo studied her features, almost pricking himself with the screwdriver he was messing with.

"what are you doing?" leo questioned, with a frown.

"i'm sitting down." cherry spoke slowly, as if he was the stupidest person she'd ever encountered.

leo rolled his eyes.

he always seemed to forgot just how annoying she was when she was just out of reach.

like, at campfires, everybody would try to get a seat next to her. leo would scowl as he watched her reflection in the flames.

the soft light would draw out every perfect feature on her face.

he hated how pretty she was. it made him forget his words sometimes, which wasn't good when they were arguing and she was calling him an idiot.