21

(This is a little bonus chapter of Neriah in Paris with Lydia. Scott and Stiles won't be in this chapter until the end. Skip if you wish.)

--------------------------------------------

A few weeks later, Neriah walked out of her bathroom in her Paris apartment, humming to Duvet by bôa which was a song that Lydia picked.

The strawberry blonde walked back into Neriah's room from the balcony with a bright smile. "I love Paris!" she sighed with a dreamy look on her face as she threw herself onto the bed. "Why didn't we come here sooner?"

Neriah laughed, pulling a pastel blue sundress out of her suitcase. "Because we were busy finishing junior year."

Lydia rolled onto her stomach, looking up as Neriah walked back into the bathroom. "Well, what's the plan now? Are we looking for Isaac or—"

"Lydia," Neriah cut her off, quickly changing into the dress. "I came back to Paris to have fun. Not to find Isaac."

Since the night of the lacrosse game when Neriah and Isaac broke up, she hadn't heard a word from him again and somehow, she was still upset over the whole situation. For weeks, she'd tried to distract herself with different boys, but Isaac was still stuck in her head.

"Maybe you should've brought Brett with you," Lydia muttered, rolling her eyes.

"I did not tell you about him to throw back in my face," Neriah laughed, walking out of the bathroom while brushing her hair. Lydia raised a brow at her. "Me and Brett were just a late-night booty call thing. That's over now."

"Over my ass," Lydia snorted. "It's clear as day that he's head over heels for you."

"Who isn't head over heels for me?" Neriah winked, throwing her hairbrush on her vanity.

Lydia got off the bed, flattering out her creamy skirt. "I have to admit, I love this new attitude of yours," she hummed before throwing Neriah a pair of white heels. "Now hurry up. I wanna go meet your friends who replaced me when you moved here."

"No one can replace you," Neriah assured her, slipping on the heels.

"Trust me, I know," Lydia hummed, grabbing their purses.

♤♡♤♡

The coffee shop was buzzing with life as people sat at tables, drinking different types of coffee and snacking on different types of pastries. A few familiar faces smiled at Neriah as she walked in with a smile, missing the smell of burnt coffee.

"This is where you worked?" Lydia quietly asked Neriah, looking around at the shelves near the windows full of books. "Why can't I picture a Hybrid Alpha working somewhere so casual?"

"Everyone that works here is part of the supernatural in one way or another," Neriah whispered, walking toward the counter where she saw the golden blonde hair of Elise who was talking to a customer. "Elise is a werewolf, so keep in mind that she can hear you."

"And here I thought we were getting away from the supernatural," Lydia muttered.

Neriah playfully rolled her eyes before stopping in front of the counter just as the customer walked away. Elise froze, her eyes widening as she took in a smiling Neriah and then a bored Lydia beside her.

"Ria!" Elise squealed in a thick French accent, making Neriah laugh before she was pulled into a hug with the counter separating them. "Vous êtes de retour! Tu m'as manqué!"

"I missed you too," Neriah said with a small laugh, hugging her back for a few seconds before they pulled away. "How have you been? Where's André?"

Elise ushered over a worker to take care of the other customers before she pulled Neriah and Lydia over to a table, the three of them sitting down.