24

"So you ran a background check, and all you found was a speeding ticket?" Malia asked Stiles as she walked up the stairs to school with him and Neriah.

"I don't see the issue there," Neriah hummed.

"Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago," Stiles pointed out.

"Which means what?" Neriah asked as they came to a stop with Stiles facing the sisters.

"Who speeds?" Stiles asked and the girls furrowed their brows at him. "People trying to get away from something."

"Stiles, I've gotten a shit ton of speeding tickets before and I wasn't getting away from anything," Neriah deadpanned, raising a brow at his annoyed look. "How many tickets do you have?"

"None," Stiles confidently said.

"How many would you have if your dad didn't get you out of them?" Malia muttered in annoyance.

Stiles looked away from them, fidgeting with his hands. "Seventeen."

Malia and Neriah shared an amused look before facing him again. "I don't know, Stiles," Neriah started with a small smirk. "I mean, I see why you're worried. He's really hot. He's got great hair and, a perfect body. You should definitely feel threatened."

Stiles exhaled sharply. "Thank you, Riah, because I do. Now more than ever."

Neriah playfully rolled her eyes with a smile. "Don't worry, Stilinski. You're still my favorite."

Stiles' jaw dropped, his heart hammering in his chest at her words as she laughed, hearing his heart rate.

"You want me to torture him?" Malia asked, tilting her head. "Me and Riah could do that."

"She's right," Neriah hummed. "I'm down for that."

Stiles quickly closed his mouth, looking around as he took a step closer to Neriah. "No, I don't want you two to torture him."

"I'm pretty sure I can take him," Malia stated.

"I know I can take him," Neriah declared, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh, God," Stiles muttered, shaking his head. "I have a plan, all right? There are steps to doing this right."

"Okay, so what steps?" Neriah asked, tilting her head at him.

"We get the story and verify the facts," he quietly said. "We find the piece that doesn't fit and...and catch him in the act. That's how you do it."

He looked over Neriah's shoulder with an annoyed look, making her and Malia turn to see Theo wave at them with a friendly smile. Neriah smiled and went to wave back, but Stiles grabbed her hand and whirled her back around to face him.

"I was being nice!" Neriah exclaimed.

Stiles sent her a frustrated look. "Now you start being nice to people? Seriously?"

"Oh, shut it," she muttered.

"Why are you so suspicious of this guy?" Malia asked, facing the pair.

"Because I remember Theo from fourth grade, okay?" Stiles sighed. "That's not Theo."

"I remember Theo from fourth grade too, and I'm pretty sure that's him," Neriah argued with a pointed look.

Stiles looked down at her. "Do you remember him being a werewolf?"

"Well, no," Neriah admitted. "But I was still learning to pick up the scent of other werewolves back then."

Malia groaned, grabbing their arms and pulling them away. "We'll figure this out after school. This is our last first day ever so let's just try and enjoy it."